WinGate VPN Client share browse

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

WinGate VPN Client share browse

Postby Sentinel » May 10 05 3:36 am

Hallo.
I have a problem I cannot solve myself. Here is the configuration:
LAN with Windows XP machines and a Windows 2003 Server running WinGate 5.2.2 with VPN and configured as VPN server. A remote machine running Windows XP Pro and WinGate VPN (1.2.2 I think). It connects to the server - everything is OK. From the VPN client I can browse ALL shares on the LAN (where the VPN server is). So far so good. From any machine on the LAN (including server machine itself) however I can only see/ping the VPN client machine (the DNS is working - I think so, because I can ping any machine by its name). I see only its drives (both have File Sharing) but I can't browse the system drive (C:). On the other drive (D:) I can only look what's in the root directory and nothing more (cannot browse deeper). Can You help me please? I haven't seen any article saying the Workgroups/LAN browsing is one way only (from the client to the server). It's really urgent. Please tell me if I miss somehitng in configuration on both Server and Client or what else shall I do so I can BROWSE/CHANGE files on my VPN client.

Thank You in advance.

Best Regards.
Sentinel

Postby jamesc » May 10 05 3:53 pm

Hi Sentinel,

Ususally when you try to browse Folders, but cannot open othe files / drill through other folders it is cause by the MTU of your connection.

Check out this link
jamesc
Qbik Staff

Postby Sentinel » May 10 05 5:23 pm

Yes, I have changed the MTU but nothing... Still cannot browse folders (even empty ones) on the VPN client but from the client I can open LARGE directories on any of my LAN machines (with 4000-5000 files) even on a dial-up
Sentinel

Postby jamesc » May 13 05 1:08 pm

I thought I made another post here, but cannot see it. My apologies.

To make sure you are not having problems from the past, why not upgrade to the latest version of Wingate/VPN .. .6.0.4 / 2.0.4. Your license(s) will still work with the latest versions.
jamesc
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN