get a new short trial for wqingate VPN

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

get a new short trial for wqingate VPN

Postby OllivierGuignard » May 17 05 4:28 am

Hi,
a few months ago I downloaded wingate VPN but did not have much success in setting it up. So reverted to winXP vpn server. However, this is a single VPN client solution unsuitable for our need. So when I saw your new version I decided to download it. Unfortunately, when I wanted to activate the system told me that I already had used my trial period.
Could you send me an activation key (even if it's just for one week) so I can see if I can setup the solution this time.
Thanks again,
bye
please advise on oguignard@studioactive.co.uk
thanks
ollivier guignard
Ollivier Guignard
OllivierGuignard

Postby MattP » May 17 05 12:35 pm

Hi Ollivier,

We'd be happy to extend your trial license. If you can generate an email trial activation request and email it to me, mattp at qbik dot com, I'll extend the trial for you.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby OllivierGuignard » May 18 05 9:31 am

Thanks Matt,
I believe you mean to install wingate vpn on the server and issue an email from within the software. I'll do this right now.
One question though: for my tests, I wish to establish a permanent vpn connection between two networks, each network with 3 workstations (on top of the wingate server), with one additional standalone external workstation capable of connecting to the vpn. Within this config I wish to be able to access any workstation (apart from the standalone one) within the network from any workstation, is this feasible? how many concurrent connection will wingate vpn allow? will the extended trial licence cover this situation. within the next 3 months, we will need to open the vpn to 2 more networks and keep the "access any workstation from any workstation" situation, will wingate vpn allow this to happen and how?
Also, have you got a technical paper covering the settings for that type of situation (i.e. to start with the connection of 2 wingate vpn servers), all pc's using winxp pro. do I need wingate vpn also on the standalone workstation, will the xp vpn client be sufficient?
sorry for all the questions but solving this connectivity issue means a lot to us.
Ollivier Guignard
OllivierGuignard

Postby MattP » May 18 05 10:25 am

The situation you describe is pretty straightforward, there shouldn't be any problems setting that up.

Ideally the 3 workstations at each location will connect through the WinGate VPN server, ie the VPN server will act as a gateway for the LAN. If you can't do this then you'll need to download the RIPv2 client and run it on the workstations. You can download the client from our website. The client basically allows the workstation to learn the route to the VPN and is useful when you can't set the default gateway to point at the WinGate VPN server.

WinGate VPN licensing works on a concurrent user basis and one license seat is always reserved for the WinGate server. So a 3 user VPN license will allow two machines behind WinGate to be accessible to the VPN. So if your 3 workstations don't need to be connecting through the VPN at exactly the same time then you should be able to use a 3 user gateway license on each end of the VPN.

Each WinGate and WinGate VPN installation must have its own license, so the stand-alone machine will have to have a single user VPN license also. I assume that this connects to the internet independently of the two LANs? You must have the WinGate VPN software to connect to a WinGate VPN, you can't use XP's VPN or any other kind of VPN software.

There is no limit to the number of incoming connections, so you can have as many different LANs join in later. You can set it up so that tunnels can be created between all the different VPN nodes so all workstations will be able to access each other.

I hope that covers your questions, it doesn't look like I've received your trial request yet.

Regards,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby OllivierGuignard » May 18 05 7:05 pm

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply, last time I tried to use the xp client and this is why I couldn't manage to get things going. I have issued several trial requests from within wingate vpn but it keeps coming back with "your trial request has been denied, etc...". Is there another to issue a trial request?
thanks
ollivier
Ollivier Guignard
OllivierGuignard

Postby MattP » May 19 05 8:38 am

Hi Ollivier,

You'll need to send me an email trial request so that we can find your trial record.

To request a trial key by email:

Open the license manager
Click the add new button
Click next
Select request a trial
Click configure
Select activate license by email, click OK
Click next
You will be given an encoded key to email to us, please copy and paste the entire text and email to us.
MattP
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN