Operational issues

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Operational issues

Postby hmrjason » May 25 05 6:22 am

I have installed Wingate on two PCs. I am able to connect them to the Network VPN however they cannot access any shares. These systems can see the shares however cannot browse them. One machine has Windows XP Home and the Other has XP Pro both with SP2. This issuse is not related to security because the other PC's on the lan dont have this problem and can assess the PCs without issue. Also, on the two PC's Wingate is installed on are having issues with accessing secure websites. Neither of them can even open Yahoo's wibsite but can open others. Can you help????
hmrjason

Postby jamesc » May 25 05 5:38 pm

1. "I have installed Wingate on two PCs."
--> WinGate VPN Only, or WinGate?

2. "I am able to connect them to the Network VPN however they cannot access any shares"
--> Do you have two seperate individual VPN licenses on each PC, and you are connecting into a remote network?
--->Have you tried changing MTU for the two pcs? ( http://support.qbik.com/index.php?_a=kn ... Gate%20VPN )

3. "These systems can see the shares however cannot browse them."
--> Your XP Home / Pro can see shares on the remote network, but not browse. This is usally a mtu issue, check out link posted above.

4. "One machine has Windows XP Home and the Other has XP Pro both with SP2"
--> Would not affect what I believe you are explaining, but have you disabled the Windows firewall?

5. "This issuse is not related to security because the other PC's on the lan dont have this problem and can assess the PCs without issue"
-->Do you have seperate individual license for them too? You are talking about PCs on the same LAN as the XP Home / Pro boxes?

6. "Also, on the two PC's Wingate is installed on are having issues with accessing secure websites"
--> All secure websites? Can you give some examples?

7. "Neither of them can even open Yahoo's wibsite but can open others."
--> can you ping www.yahoo.com?

8. "Can you help????"
--> Keen as, but need to get a better picture of your problem.
jamesc
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN