License confusion...

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

License confusion...

Postby mcb » Jun 10 05 7:51 am

Ok, i know that you have gone to great lengths to illustrate your licensing policy, but alas i am still confused. Let me just describe our need and setup.

We are wanting 3-6 users to be able to remote in to our network. The main resource they would need would be our Source Safe server. We are running Wingate as our gateway and firewall. The Source Safe server is on the LAN. Note; our gateway is x.x.0.1 and our SS server is x.x.15.x. What would we need to make this happen? Other than that, having the workgroup's shared resources is about all they would need. (you wouldn't need a license for every pc that you might want to access their share would you?)

In my estimation a handful (3-4) of single licenses and a gateway server license for 6 would do the trick. Would the SS Server machine eat a license as well? In essence, one for the VPN gateway and up to 3-4 clients that could connect.

Thanks,

Matt
mcb

Postby genie » Jun 10 05 1:18 pm

All you need is a VPN license for your gateway machine (so it can serve as a VPN server) and a VPN license per each remote joiner (regardless of whether the joiner is a single machine or a gateway for another network).
genie
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN