trial login

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

trial login

Postby edmclen » Jun 30 05 8:19 am

I have installed and activated the trial Wingate VPN client, but I have not received any information to log in to connect online. Where can I obtain this information?
edmclen

Re: trial login

Postby jamesc » Jun 30 05 11:50 am

edmclen wrote:but I have not received any information to log in to connect online. Where can I obtain this information?

Can you describe the statement above in more detail? What is your desired result?

A "Real Private Network" is a matter of leasing lines off a phone company / ISP so you can connect two or more private networks together.
A "Virtual Private Network (VPN)" is similar to above, but instead of leasing a line of the ISP/Phone Co., the VPN software creates a tunnel through the internet to allow the two or more private networks/computers to be joined/communicate.

Do you have a private network that you require to join/test with? I can organise for you to connect to our test server if required, just create a support ticket and request it. http://support.qbik.com/index.php?_a=tickets&_m=submit
jamesc
Qbik Staff

trial login

Postby edmclen » Jul 01 05 2:49 am

I am attempting to set up a VPN at our office (a small group of 9 individuals) to allow remote users to access files on our server. Yesterday, I installed the Wingate VPN trial onto our server and opened the Gatekeeper program (Start VPN Engine). Upon opening the program, I am prompted to log in using a username and password under account details and set a Wingate location (currently server: localhost, port:808). I have, however, no information regarding any login information and cannot access any of the options associated with the program. How can I overcome this hurdle?
edmclen

Postby jamesc » Jul 01 05 9:26 am

username Administrator
password

(the password is blank)

If you are still having problems, here is a link on how to reset the Administrator password: http://support.qbik.com/index.php?_a=kn ... ils&_i=105
jamesc
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN