What I want to do. Please advise.

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

What I want to do. Please advise.

Postby Rshell » Jul 23 05 9:24 am

I have a central office. I have dedicated internet connection there, with a T-1. I have 3 servers I want remote office to use at central office.

At remote office,
I have 1 server
10 workstations
2 rotating workstations (staff come into office, and plug a portable device into a network plug. several staff members, but only 2 network plugs. Max of 2 of them at a time.)

I want to tunnel between the server at the remote office, to the dedicated internet connection at my central office, so that when the clients log on at the remote office, they get the DHCP information from my central office, like they are all in the same building. I want to have clients dial into the remote office RAS service, and be able to sync with the servers at the central location.

I read your two office white paper, and there is a section there that is about 90% the same as what I want to do, but as we all know, that other 10% can sometimes be a real bitch. I just want some professional feedback from you guys since you work with this everyday before I start trying to configure it.

Thanks for your time.
Rick
Rshell

Postby jamesc » Jul 26 05 6:41 pm

Hi Rick,

1. What Servers are you running? e.g. Windows 2000 Advanced
2. Do you use active directory?
3. What type of clients do you have? e.g. Windows 2000 Pro
4. Will the remote office be using its own Gateway for non VPN internet traffic?
5. Apart from the three servers, do any of the clients on each side of the VPN require direct communication with each other? (For example, your IT guy might want to troubleshoot a clients pc problem at the remote office with a remote desktop program, via the VPN)
jamesc
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN