Licence requirements

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Licence requirements

Postby computerwizards » Aug 17 05 3:39 am

Hi,

I am setting up a small vpn for my clients. They have a server in their office that they require two remote users to be able to access. Possibly 3.

Do I just require the 3 user lan licence? Or do I require the 3 user lan licence, plus another single user?

Thanks
computerwizards

Postby MattP » Aug 17 05 11:45 am

Hi,

The best way to think of it is to remember that each WinGate installation needs its own license, and the number of users for each license depends on the number of machines at that location that need access to the VPN.

In this case you'll have WinGate installed at the office (one license) and you'll have two remote users. If the remote users are connecting from home (so they're stand-alone machines) then they'll both have WinGate installed so that's two more licenses.

So you need at least 3 WinGate licenses. The remote users are probably just single users, so a single user VPN license each will be fine.

The office may need to make other machines behind the server accessible, in which case a Gateway license will be required. If it's just the server that needs to be accessed then a single user license will be fine.

I hope this helps,

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN