License requirements

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

License requirements

Postby ngrayson » Sep 08 08 12:14 am

Guys,

Forgive me I know from the site you have tried to explain this but I find your documents conflict. Currently I have a 6 user license for wingate 6 pro.

In the VPN documenaation on your site in one place it says that all thats need is a single user license but in the white paper, its says you need a minimum of two licenses.

My son is off to uni and I want to give him access to the wingate machine as this is where our email server is (sorry but its Vpop 3) and I also want him to be able to back up to the wingate machine. He does not need to see any other machine on the LAN.

I can see that I need a single user license for his laptop but what additionally do I need to buy for the wingate end?

Also, since I dont have the VPN part installed can I just overwrite the current installation and add the VPN patrs?

All help gratefully recieved.
ngrayson

Re: License requirements

Postby jamescap » Sep 08 08 4:15 pm

I can see that I need a single user license for his laptop but what additionally do I need to buy for the wingate end?

Yes, you would need to buy a license for the WinGate server end as well. Additionally you will need to have an ip address or domain name that your son can always connect to; i.e. a static ip address from your ISP or a subscription to a dynamic dns service.

Also, since I dont have the VPN part installed can I just overwrite the current installation and add the VPN patrs?

The VPN features are controlled by licensing, so once you add the singe user VPN license into your WinGate servers installation, then that feature will become visible.
jamescap

Return to WinGate VPN