ENS driver was not loaded

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

ENS driver was not loaded

Postby mramirez » May 15 09 4:12 am

Good afternoon,

In a new installation of "Wingate vpn" over a windows 2003 server, I receive the error "Id 0704 ENS" in the system Messages windows.

I have looked for this error in the help of Wingate and into the qbick forum but I haven´t found an answer to my problem.

What must I check?

Thank you

Excuse me for my english but I only speak (and write) little.

Manuel
mramirez

Re: ENS driver was not loaded

Postby logan » May 18 09 5:35 pm

Hi Manuel,

Can you check if the ENS driver has actually been installed or not. It should be located in the following location.
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\qbikhkxp.sys
logan
Qbik Staff

Postby mramirez » May 18 09 6:27 pm

Hi Logan,

The driver is in c:\windows\system32\drivers and it has this properties:

Size: 555,584 bytes (542 kb)
Modified: Jan 30 2009

Thanks
mramirez

Postby logan » May 18 09 8:32 pm

If the driver exists, can you check that WinGate is configured to load it on system startup.

GateKeeper -> Control Panel -> VPN tab -> Connectivity -> Extended Networking -> General ->
What does the Status bar at the top of this configuration prompt say?
Click The ... button beside the status bar and check if it's configured to "Load ENS driver when the system starts"
logan
Qbik Staff

Postby mramirez » May 18 09 9:14 pm

The status bar at the top says "Not installed" , clicking the ... button the "Load ENS driver when the system starts" is selected.
mramirez

Postby logan » May 18 09 10:51 pm

That means that something on the server is preventing WinGate's ENS driver from loading.

What version of WinGate VPN is installed on the server?

What architecture is the Windows 2003 OS? (32 bit or 64 bit)

Is the server a Dell PowerEdge Server? There is a known problem with the ENS driver not loading up on some PowerEdge servers with broadcom network adapters.

Has there been or is there currently any other Internet Connection Sharing applications installed on the server?

Are there any third party security suites or firewalls installed on the computer?

Are the network adapter drivers up to date?
logan
Qbik Staff

Postby mramirez » May 19 09 12:04 am

Wingate VPN installed is the last version available in the Qbik site.

Windows 2003 R2 Standar Edition (32 bits) with Service Pack 2.

The server is a Dell Power Edge T300 with two Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet cards.

No more Internet Connection Sharing aplikcation is currently installed on the server and never has been installed.

No, there aren't any third party security suites or firewall installed on the server.

Yes the drivers are up to date.

Thanks
mramirez

Postby logan » May 19 09 3:25 pm

Can you download and install the latest broadcom network adapter drivers from the broadcom website, rather than the dell version of the driver from dells website. There was a known problem with the dell version of the broadcom network adapter driver, and in the past, installing the latest broadcom version of the driver has resolved this problem.

However it has been a while since we have heard about any problems with the ENS driver not loading on Dell PowerEdge server, so if the problem persists after installing the broadcom network adapter drivers, let us know.
logan
Qbik Staff

Postby mramirez » May 19 09 6:22 pm

I download the last version of the driver, that I found, from Broadcom (Nov 26 2009 V: 11.7.2.0) and I installed it and the problem persists.
mramirez

Postby logan » May 19 09 6:34 pm

I'm going to need to obtain some possibly sensitive information about your server in order to continue troubleshooting this problem. Could you create a new support ticket on the helpdesk and include the following information with it.

1. WinGate Config Report
GateKeeper --> Options menu --> Advanced --> Save Config Report

2. WinAudit report
Download WinAudit from http://www.pxserver.com/WinAudit.htm . Run the audit, then save the audit as an html file (You can zip the files to reduce it's size before uploading).
logan
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN