Problem with accessing nodes on both sides of VPN tunnel

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Problem with accessing nodes on both sides of VPN tunnel

Postby bugman » Sep 22 05 9:39 pm

Here is the scheme of connecting 2 networks over internet with using WinGate VPN. PC4 successfully connects to IP a.b.c.d, router transmit incoming traffic on UDP/TCP 809 to local machine (port mapping) .... blah-blah-blah.... finnaly connection is establishing.

The problem is:
When connection is established, PC1-PC3 can ping PC4-PC6, but only PC1 can access to services of only PC4 (WEB, RemoteDesctop, Telnet, Ftp, File Sharing).
From other side of VPN connection, PC4-PC6 can ping PC1-PC3, but only PC4 can access to all the resources of PC1-PC3 (RemoteDesktop, File Sharing, WEB server)

What is needed:
Every PC must access to all services of other PCs

Notices:
As it can be seen from picture - PC1 and PC4 with WinGate VPN installed are not the default gateways in their networks - so i've installed Rip2Client on every PC in network (even on PC1 and PC4). Drivers on PC1 and PC4 are updated. All firewalls are turned off.
Nothing is impossible. All you need is time
bugman

Postby jamesc » Sep 22 05 10:45 pm

so i've installed Rip2Client on every PC in network (even on PC1 and PC4).

PC1 and PC4, which run the WinGate VPN software, should not have the RIP2 client running on them; it is built into the software.

Can you please remove and advise any new feedback.
jamesc
Qbik Staff

Postby bugman » Sep 23 05 1:40 am

I've stoped and removed service from PC1 and PC4. The probem remains with the same symptoms
Nothing is impossible. All you need is time
bugman

Return to WinGate VPN