Wingate VPN & memory use

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Wingate VPN & memory use

Postby edmclen » Sep 28 05 8:54 am

I am running Wingate VPN from our office server, which is typically on for days, if not weeks, at a time. I have noticed that after running for 4-7 days, the Wingate.exe process will sometimes grow to use virtually all of the available RAM on the machine. At first, I thought the problem was that our server only had 256MB of RAM. I have since expanded to 1GB of RAM and still encounter the problem from time to time (although it does take longer for the memory usage to slow the server significantly). Do you have any suggestions for limiting the total amount of memory available to Wingate VPN?
edmclen

Postby Pascal » Sep 28 05 7:20 pm

What version are you currently using?
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby edmclen » Oct 05 05 4:52 am

It is version 2.0.4, but when I do the version check online, it says version 6.0.4.
edmclen

Postby Pascal » Oct 05 05 10:03 am

Is there a steady growth in memory over time or does it explode after a certain amount of time?

Would it be possible for you to run a special build for me on the affected server for a while, please? That would help track this down.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby Frans Couwberghs » Oct 14 05 10:11 am

Pascal wrote:Is there a steady growth in memory over time or does it explode after a certain amount of time?

Would it be possible for you to run a special build for me on the affected server for a while, please? That would help track this down.

Hi,
I am having the same trouble.
The usage of memory explodes sometimes, randomly as it seemes.
frans@zeb.be
Frans Couwberghs

Return to WinGate VPN