Windows 7 64 bit

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Windows 7 64 bit

Postby SBaum » Dec 22 10 4:09 am

Dear Qbik Team,

while the Wingate VPN client is working fine on our windows 7 32 bit systems, I'm having trouble with our first attempt of setting it up under windows 7 64 bit. In the first couple of days it ran fine but then it wouldnt work anymore. It doesnt only not connect but also it is refusing to let me get into the 'Wingate VPN'-application, telling me the password was wrong.
Ive tried reinstallation using the latest build two times but after the 2nd time it even rejects the newly assigned password right away.

Is Wingate VPN supposed to work in windows 7 64 bit?

Best regards,
Stefan
SBaum

Re: Windows 7 64 bit

Postby adrien » Dec 22 10 11:17 am

Hi

WinGate VPN should be running on windows 7 x64 without problem.

What version of WinGate is it?

Have you disabled the windows firewall, or whitelisted wingate.exe?

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby SBaum » Dec 22 10 8:21 pm

Hello Adrien,

I was using the latest version available for download (2 weeks ago). Ive tried disabling the firewall but that didnt help. Since you say that Wingate VPN is working in win 7 64 bit and I'm already having trouble logging into the application at all, I may now rather look more deeply at the surrounding conditions and maybe install the OS again.

Best regards,
Stefan
SBaum

Postby SBaum » Mar 24 11 3:27 am

Dear QBik Support,

this issue unfortunately is still unresolved. Here some more detailed information:

- Operating Systems Win 7 Pro 64bit
- problem occurs in 2 specific local networks
- the same notebooks could initially log in successfully in the same networks (it stopped working from one day to the other and the users say that nothing was changed)
- other computers (with win XP) can succesfully use Wingate VPN from within those specific networks
- the problematic notebooks can log into gatekeeper.exe and connect to the VPN when located in another network
- the systems cannot log into gatekeeper.exe (same error message as if wrong password was used: "Cannot connect to server ...") from within the specific networks
- re-installation of wingate vpn does not help
- switching off the windows firewall does not help

Since the username and password are correct, the login failure must be coming from the Winagte location settings that are available at the gatekeepers login screen. What difference could the network that one is connected to make in that case?

Best regards,
Stefan
SBaum

Postby kamerun » Oct 22 12 9:12 pm

Hi,

I am also in the same problem.Don't mind for joining this conversation.I shall have to use VPN & I am using windows 7 64bit.Can you suggest me from which link will be better for purchasing that product.

Regards,
Kameron Diaz
HasUptime web site monitoring notifies you instantly when anything goes wrong. View reports, charts, and measure downtime.
kamerun

Postby MattP » Nov 02 12 10:38 am

Hi,

I'm wondering which user database provider you're using in WinGate? If you've set it to an AD provider but the machine can't reach the AD to verify the user details then that could cause the login problems that you're seeing.
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby Eren24 » Feb 02 17 7:37 pm

Look like there are a lot of problems over windows 7 64 bit operating system. Is this problem solved now?
A nerdy type of person who loves going out with friends, loves to study and improving my skills by attending trainings, seminars and school. Because for me new information is a good way to show you’re updated of everything around you.
Eren24

Return to WinGate VPN