Clarify License issue please

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Clarify License issue please

Postby vaxman99 » Oct 07 05 9:10 am

Hello,

I have a 50 user WG enterprise license installed on a machine in my corporate building. I've setup a VPN to host, with local particpation set to "Local Network"

I have 12 remote users that will need access to at least 2 servers behind the wingate machine. For testing purposes, I purchased a single user VPN client installed on a remote machine. I can sucessfully connect to my Wingate hosted VPN and and can browse the Wingate machine. However, I cannot browse any other machines on the network, although I can see them.

So:
Do I need VPN gateway licenses in addition to the Wingate Enterprise license?
Do I need a gateway license for every machine I want to touch behind the Wingate machine?

Thanx for the help,
msc
vaxman99

Postby vaxman99 » Oct 07 05 9:41 am

Hello again,

Why is it you look for answer for hours, then post a question and almost immediately find the answer? (No need to answer that LOL)

I discovered my problem. I do not have the Wingate machine as the default gateway on my corporate lan. I added a route setting the Wingate machine (192.168.0.1) as the default gateway to my remote lan (192.168.1.*) to both of my servers. Once i did this, I was able to see both servers and the shares from my remote machine.

Sorry to bother you :)
msc
vaxman99

Return to WinGate VPN