Can't browse internet after loading wingate

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Can't browse internet after loading wingate

Postby cam » Oct 12 05 11:11 pm

Hi
I have installed WinGateVPN on my Work computer and configured it as a Server there. Everything seems to work OK. However at home, as soon as I activate Wingate I lose internet connectivity. I am running XP sp2 and have a Nokia M1122 DSL router (which I think I have configured correctly). The other computers on the LAN continue to be able to access the internet.

Please help!
cam

Postby MattP » Oct 13 05 10:35 am

Hi,

Is it just the XP machine at home that is running WinGate that is having problems accessing the internet? Do you have other machines at home that can access the internet through the XP machine?

Do you have a default gateway set in the external adapter of the WinGate machine?
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby cam » Oct 13 05 9:34 pm

Hi

Thanks for your prompt reply

Is it just the XP machine at home that is running WinGate that is having problems accessing the internet? Yes

Do you have other machines at home that can access the internet through the XP machine? The other machines all access the internet through th adsl router

Do you have a default gateway set in the external adapter of the WinGate machine? Yes I believe so but will try a reinstall and check
cam

Postby cam » Oct 14 05 10:27 pm

I have resolved the problem - I have a network adaptor with a Realtek 8029 chipset and so need to make the appropriate change in Advanced Options.

[/quote]
cam

Return to WinGate VPN