is wingate vpn suitable

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

is wingate vpn suitable

Postby mstreet » Oct 26 05 9:18 am

Sir - i need to set up a link from my home to my office that can be used both ways.
At home i have a lan with 3 computers the main one running Wingate 6 and isdn to the internet. 1 of the computers is connected through a wifi link and everything works fine.
At work i have a lan with 3 computers and adsl modem to the internet with microsoft ics sharing the internet to the other 2 - everything works fine there as well.
From what i have read i would need to purchase 2 of your "WinGate VPN 2.0 gateway license for 3 user LAN" to get this to work or have i got it wrong. If i have it right and i install the vpn on the wingate machine at home and on the adsl machine at work would this allow me to share files both ways without having someone at work to do anything.

Thank you - Mike
mstreet

Postby adrien » Oct 26 05 10:27 am

Hi Mike

Yes you are correct, you would need a 3 user gateway license at each end.

Once you have the VPN set up and connected, your two networks are effectively joined, so you can file and printer share across them, join domains, connect to services etc.

We are about to release a new version of WinGate VPN which solves a number of problems with MTU issues, so I would recommend you keep an eye out for that as well.

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN