UDP Port 809

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

UDP Port 809

Postby woelti » Nov 13 03 9:00 am

Hi @all,

i´m, trying to get an VPN to work and allready installed wingate VPN 1.1.0. Server on 2 win XP Systems.

After doing the configuration the Server gets the System message that a tunnel has been aktivated an updated as it should be (id 4). Another message says, that Local network of "client name" not requested von "vpn name" (no partipation).

The Client on the other side gets the message, that there is a negotiation of a protokoll 1.4 or so.

When I run netstat -a to view the running connections, i see the TCP Port 809 as listening, but the udp port ist not listed there. I also tried a portscan with the same result.

In the help is mentioned, that both ports are needed to connect completely. Actually we can see each other, but cannot share files...

The router the give me web access seems to be configured right...

Has anybody a clou or hint???

I´m quite helpless!
woelti

Postby adrien » Nov 28 03 9:25 am

I'm fairly sure that since the port 809 UDP is only used by the driver, it doesn't create a socket which is bound to that port (although I know we used to) in any case the existence of this port in a netstat screen does not mean that this port number is not in use for VPN tunnels.

It is likely that your VPN problems are caused by some other problem.

the "no participation" warning means that either the VPN server or client has been configured not to participate in the VPN. If there are only 2 entities (i.e. only one server and one client) this means you don't have a VPN. You need to check the local participation settings on whatever machine this message refers to.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN