Will Wingate VPN work for me?

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Will Wingate VPN work for me?

Postby dewalg9 » Nov 22 05 8:52 am

I am trying to provide remote access to our business LAN in order to view internet security cameras. I loaded the software that came with the system and it allows me to view all the cameras by just clicking on the applications icon. Also, I can type in the assigned 192.168.1.250 IP on any of the computers on the LAN and readily see all the cameras. I want to be able to access my business LAN remotely in order to still see these cameras. Can i do this with Wingate VPN? Someone please help.

Thanks
T.O. Mac
dewalg9

Postby genie » Nov 22 05 10:19 am

Yes, Wingate VPN can help you - you can establish a connection from hom or any other location to your office VPN server and use office-side IP addresses freely over the secured tunnel. Wingate VPN comes with 30-days trial so you can try it and see if it satisfies your needs.
genie
Qbik Staff

Postby MattP » Nov 22 05 12:16 pm

We have a step-by-step guide to setting up a VPN that you may find useful, you'll find it in our knowledge base here
MattP
Qbik Staff

Loaded the trial Wingate VPN

Postby dewalg9 » Nov 23 05 3:45 am

I installed the trial version of Wingate VPN but was not able to access my office-side LAN via VPN tunnel. I followed the instructions regarding certificates and exporting to file so it can be imported for client setup; still unable to connect to office LAN. I am running DSL and using a Motorola 850GP 802.11g wirless router that supports VPN passthrough. I need as much help as possible in getting Wingate VPN configured.
T.O. Mac
dewalg9

Postby MattP » Nov 23 05 10:53 am

Hi,

It might be best if you create a support ticket, then we can take this off the public forums and we can get your VPN configuration file and connect to your host server and see if we can see the problem.

When you send us the config file please also include a username and password to connect to the VPN with, and detail the problems that you're having when you're trying to connect.

Do you actually get a tunnel established? What error messages are you seeing?

You can create a support ticket here
MattP
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN