The wingate engine could not be started

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

The wingate engine could not be started

Postby StichLynch » Jan 27 06 12:18 am

Hi There,

This is the third PC I have installed wingate VPN on today - Frist two installed ok (I'm just trying to test this before I buy - still on trial) but the third had issues.

After I installed this on PC 3 the frist time my wireless connection couldn't get IP from router adn I got the error The wingate engine could not be started - I clicked ok and then got - "There was a problem connecting to your server - Connection refused by server - Check your name and port.

I thought this was being caused by some other localhost program running or something sharing the port so I deleted any web server programs I could find on my PC including IIS 5.1 (SP2) and tried again. Still no luck.

After my 3rd in stall of wingate VPN on this machine it does now allow normal netowrk traffic (I can surf the net and all) but I cannot start the service or the program at all. Please help!

I would certainly not cal myslef an expert in these areas.
Thanks

Stephen
StichLynch

Postby adrien » Jan 27 06 5:54 pm

Hi

when you try to start the service, how does the icon in the system tray show - does it stay yellow, or move to blue?

Is this starting it from the services control panel applet, or by right-clicking on the icon in the system tray?

Not normally anything that can stop the service starting, although we have known in the past of occasional problems if the history file is corrupted - wouldn't expect that for a new installation.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN