Could u guys see any problem with this VPN Setup?

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Could u guys see any problem with this VPN Setup?

Postby wartech » Nov 21 03 7:03 am

I Have 3 VPN Server licence with each have Gateway LIcence in 3 different location, I have unlimited Gateway licence

I Have 1 gateway connect to the other server.And that Server is connected to the other server. Basically...its like 1 VPN is connect to other VPN.....kinda like a triangle...lol........But sometime I get problem with the client of one location cant connect to the other location, but there is an establish connnection on the VPN wingate....What I have to do sometime is to reinstall VPN.....I tried sometime to change the order of connecting and sometime it work or restart the computer, but it dont always work.
I was wondering why it is so unstable???? Should i have went with Cisco pix firewall with VPN instead??????????
wartech

Postby wartech » Nov 21 03 7:05 am

??????????????/
wartech

Postby adrien » Nov 28 03 7:43 am

Hi

So your WinGate VPN server for one client is also a client for another.

Machine A
^
|
|
Machine B
^
|
|
Machine C

This should be ok, but what connection is breaking? C to A?

We have done some testing on this prior to release, and didn't find any problems with it, although there could be some issues with route table updates possibly.

Which version of WinGate VPN are you running - is is 1.1? In which case, what are your RIP settings on each server (machine A and B).

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby wartech » Dec 02 03 8:14 am

a to c vice versa (no connection)
version 1.1 (currently using)

I dont know if the licenses got anything to do with it
I have 3 server licenses and 3 gateway licenses.
its works aight on the older version like 1.0, but have several issue on the older version.
wartech

Postby adrien » Dec 03 03 10:00 pm

so machines on the network of A have difficulty talking to machines on the network of C.

You could have them all connect to the same VPN master, like

A
/ \
B C

We have found this normally works better, and all clients of all networks should be able to communicate.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby wartech » Dec 04 03 6:05 am

yea I tried that already, sometime b cant get to c, eventhough it shows connection.
Now Vpn is Currently working , it wasnt working for 4 days, eventually I know i will come up with the same problem.
So what do you suggest
the internet connection is very stable (T1) each location
it works maybe for a month, but theirs going be downtime for a couple days or more
wartech

Return to WinGate VPN