Beaglebone through Wingate

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Beaglebone through Wingate

Postby BuffaloFan32 » Nov 12 14 9:01 am

Hello,
I have a laptop that is connected wirelessly to the internet. The laptop is running windows Vista. I have connected it to my beaglebone black through a USB port. Beaglebone's are tiny computers that run Linux. I can ping my laptop from the beaglebone but when I ping 8.8.8.8 I get the following message:

--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
9 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 8008ms

I was told that the problem is that my laptop is not sharing its internet connection with the beaglebone so I installed Wingate VPN. I cannot figure out which button to push to make this work. I am a bit of a novice when it comes to networking so any help you can provide is much appreciated.
BuffaloFan32

Re: Beaglebone through Wingate

Postby adrien » Nov 12 14 2:47 pm

Hi

WinGate VPN is not an internet sharing product, WinGate is though.

Does this mean you installed WinGate and activated a trial for WinGate VPN, or did you activate a trial for WinGate?

Sorry, it's a little confusing. The software and download are the same for WinGate and WinGate VPN, it's just which type of key you get that determines the features etc.

Regards

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby BuffaloFan32 » Nov 14 14 9:02 am

Hello Adrien,
Thanks, for the clarification. I uninstalled the VPN and reinstalled Wingate to make sure I am now using the correct license/version. I have been playing with it but I am still not sure how to make it work. Do you have a guide or suggestion on where to start? Again, I am a bit of a novice when it comes to networking.
BuffaloFan32

Postby BuffaloFan32 » Nov 14 14 4:56 pm

I am not sure what happened but it is working now. I am able to ping 8.8.8.8. Thanks!
BuffaloFan32

Return to WinGate VPN