The specified network name is not longer available

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

The specified network name is not longer available

Postby Bernie999999999 » Oct 04 06 4:28 am

After upgrading to Wingate 6.1.4 I am no longer able to transfer files via the VPN to the server. I get the message:
Error Copying File or Folder
Cannot copy abcinc: The specified network name is no longer available.
The file shows up on the Wingate server but it is corrupt and not all there. I am able to transfer files from the server to the VPN clients without any problems.

Any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated.
Bernie
Bernie999999999

Additional information

Postby Bernie999999999 » Oct 04 06 5:51 am

The Wingate server is Windows 2000 Pro with all service packs and patches installed. Connection is via a DSL modem connected directly to the Wingate computer (2 NICs). All other functions of the Wingate server are working correctly, including sending files to VPN clients.
Bernie999999999

Postby adrien » Oct 04 06 2:49 pm

Hi

Any time I've ever seen a problem like this it was an MTU issue somewhere.

What version did you upgrade from?

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Upgrade version

Postby Bernie999999999 » Oct 05 06 2:45 am

We upgraded from version 5.??
We were forced to upgrade because the computer running Wingate server got shut down by a power failure and when we restarted it nobody could access the internet from their workstations. POP and SMTP worked fine but when I looked at the properties of workstations under the activity window the connection date was always December 31, 1969. I tried many things to fix this but to no avail. Eventually I just installed version 6 and everything worked fine except the VPN which will now only allow one way traffic. Our satellite office is getting anxious about transferring files and I am stumped, but with internet access at least the 60 people here are happy.
Bernie999999999

Return to WinGate VPN