Blank GateKeeper screen

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Blank GateKeeper screen

Postby maxim » Oct 20 06 12:52 pm

just upgraded from version 2 to version 6, I like some new features, esspecially good to see NAT management applet which makes it easier.

one problem, with GateKeeper
In the past I simply copied GateKeeper.exe to workstations and it run just fine and I was usually able to connect to server from any workstation,

now, I did the same, and it seems to be connecting, I see "Connected to WinGate on..." in window header, but the window panes are both empty.

I am guessing that gatekeeper does not recognise my license when it is simply copied as a single executable file to another system. But how do I make it "registered" the "license maintenance is greyed out in th emenue

please advise

thanks
MK
maxim

Postby genie » Oct 22 06 6:35 pm

Gatekeeper is not licensed (or rather controled by a license) - the engine is. Make sure that you have RCS bound on all the adapters you make connection to.
genie
Qbik Staff

Postby maxim » Oct 22 06 8:28 pm

RCS is bound on all adapters. and it is running and I use correct port number, in fact the connection seems to be established, gatekeeper shows "connected" on top of the window.

if gatekeeper does not check for license on machine it is installed on, then perhaps there is something else. could it be because I use wireless?

anyone else has seen this?
maxim

Postby genie » Oct 23 06 2:11 pm

Have you tried connecting from a different machine/network?
genie
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN