Problems with installing VPN on Windows XP

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Problems with installing VPN on Windows XP

Postby Lucas Wan » Dec 02 03 2:44 pm

Hi,

I have tried installing the Wingate VPN on my Windows XP machine, with the hope that it will connect to our work server running a VPN server.
However, after installing the VPN, my internet connection stopped working. I'm using PPPoE based ADSL connection. When the VPN server was installed, I couldn't connect to any host. It did get the IP address, but it looks like the route tables were messed up. Also, now that I have uninstalled VPN from my computer, all the dial-up connections are missing, and if I create a new one, it just disappears after a reboot. I can still use desktop shortcuts though, and they do show up in the internet settings control panel.

I wonder if anyone could help me.

Thanks,

Lucas
Lucas Wan

Postby adrien » Dec 03 03 10:12 pm

Are you sure that the WinGate VPN uninstalled properly?

that is very strange what you are seeing. WinGate VPN doesn't touch the dialup profiles, so the only reason I can imagine that these would disappear may be if the dialup adapter is not loading properly.

Was the WinGate ENS driver removed? This was

windows\system32\drivers\qbikhkxp.sys

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby Lucas Wan » Dec 04 03 8:40 am

As far as I can tell, yes.

The Wingate ENS driver also seems to be removed. I checked and the file you mentioned is nowhere on my system.

Actually, the symptoms match those listed in the Microsoft KB article 329050. I tried all the solutions, but no luck.

Since it happened right after I installed WinGate VPN (next reboot), I thought that maybe you have met such an issue before.
Lucas Wan

Return to WinGate VPN