Installing VPN Only v1.2 Build 885

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Installing VPN Only v1.2 Build 885

Postby Mike » Dec 11 03 12:06 pm

I'm trying to install the latest version and it keeps giving me this error:
"You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account"

The problem is I am logged in as the Administrator of the computer and have shut down all applications. I've tried to install on another system and get the same error. it looks like it is stopping at the serviceconfig.dll file. Has anyone ran into this problem or have a solution. I didn't seam to find anything on the forum regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Mike
Mike

Postby neil » Dec 15 03 5:18 pm

Is this a fresh install or an upgrade?! Are you logged in as the administrator or a user with admin privledges?! In regedit can you access the local machine branch, and say add a key when logged in as that user!?

Which OS are you using btw?!

Regards

Neil
neil
Qbik Staff

Postby Mike » Dec 15 03 8:40 pm

Yes this is a fresh install, I'm logged in as the computer administrator and the account has full access to the system. I tried it on one other computer and I will test on a fresh install of win 2000 on monday. I am thinking it could possibly be the Norton Antivirus Corp. I thought I turned it off before I did the install but that may not have happened I'll soon find out on tomorrow.
Mike

Postby Pascal » Dec 18 03 7:52 am

Mike wrote:monday. I am thinking it could possibly be the Norton Antivirus Corp. I thought I turned it off before I did the install but that may not have happened I'll soon find out on tomorrow.

Following on the copy of that DLL, the installer starts to make the required registry modifcations. Most changes occur in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Qbik Software node - so double check that you have full rights to that. (Although, as Administrator you should have)

The next few steps takes care of creating the Start Menu folders and icons and installing the driver. So those are also areas to check (Folder locations) to ensure that you have full rights to those areas.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN