Connected to host..... but

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Connected to host..... but

Postby hotrod5.0 » Jan 14 04 7:03 pm

I am trying to get a dail-up WG-VPN client to properly route to WG-VPN server and the LAN computers it'a attached to. The server is running behind a Linksys router on a cable modem.

I have gotten the tunnel established fine and I can connect to the server computer and all of it's shares (by name or IP). But, even though the remainder of the network behind the server shows up in Gatekeeper, and "retest's" resolve quickly I cannot "browse" or otherwise connect to any of the other LAN computers at all.

Server is running on a 192.168.1.0 subnet (server = 192.168.1.49)
Client is running on a 192.168.0.0 subnet (client = 192.168.0.10)
Both are XP Pro.

I know I probably haven't, but I feel as if I've tried everything. I assume this is a DNS/Routing issue but I'm not sure which end I need to be working on.

Any help or nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.
hotrod5.0

Re: Connected to host..... but

Postby Pascal » Jan 14 04 9:07 pm

hotrod5.0 wrote:I have gotten the tunnel established fine and I can connect to the server computer and all of it's shares (by name or IP). But, even though the remainder of the network behind the server shows up in Gatekeeper, and "retest's" resolve quickly I cannot "browse" or otherwise connect to any of the other LAN computers at all.

The machines behind the Server, how are they configured ? Do they have their default gateways pointed at the WG Server ? You need to:

1. Set their default gateways to the WG Server OR
2. Install a RIP v 2 compatible listener OR
3. Use static routes

so they can route any traffic back through the WG Server to the remote VPN client.

You can check the Resources section on www.wingate.com, that has two good documents on VPN troubleshooting as well.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN