What about Error Code FFE0B427?

Forum for all technical support and trouble shooting of the WinGate VPN.

Moderator: Qbik Staff

What about Error Code FFE0B427?

Postby Cinlion » Jan 17 04 3:09 pm

THE VPN SERVER direct to internet by PPP;while the VPN client behind the ADSL MODEM(ROUTE Function).When VPN client connect to VPN SERVER ,it appears Error Code FFE0B427,what's the problem.
Cinlion

Postby wolf5 » Jan 19 04 10:31 pm

To my experience the Client connects to the Server and then the Server connects to the Client. Both need their respective ports to be opened (and routed correctly).

I think I got that error when I had not opened/routed the right ports to my Wingate VPN machine.

As soon as you are sure the ports are not blocked (firewall) and the routings are correct, I believe this error will disappear.

-Wolf5
wolf5

Postby Cinlion » Jan 19 04 11:46 pm

The ports used by wingate vpn is Tcp/UDP 809.I have already open it in Firewall,but it still remains.
Cinlion

Postby adrien » Jan 22 04 1:02 pm

THis error is WGNSTAT_VPN_TUNNEL_UNREACH

That means that there is no route to the other end of the tunnel. When WinGate VPN tries to create a tunnel, it has a tunnel endpoint. The tunnel endpoint is the IP address of the other end of the tunnel (the other node on the VPN).

WinGate VPN needs to have a route to this in order to be able to create a tunnel. Usually the default route on your network is used.

So, normally you shouldn't get this error if the client is able to log into the server. I take it this error is on the server or the client? Is the client or the server behind a firewall?

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Re: What about Error Code FFE0B427?

Postby ipweb » Feb 09 04 11:08 pm

Cinlion wrote:THE VPN SERVER direct to internet by PPP;while the VPN client behind the ADSL MODEM(ROUTE Function).When VPN client connect to VPN SERVER ,it appears Error Code FFE0B427,what's the problem.

I get the same problem. I've had the trial software for about 3 weeks of my 30 day trial. Hopefully, you have not purchased the software yet.
Neil
ipweb

Postby ccsoft » Feb 11 04 4:51 am

Hi,

I also have a client experiencing this error.
We see the error in the Server log but it is a problem on the client as I can join the VPN from a different location without any problem.
The router is on the Server in this case, and seeing as another client can connect there has to be something on the one particular remote client, which is a Campaq Laptop running XP Pro.
We've checked on the laptop to make sure there isn't any firewall software running. Another connection method has also been tried without success.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Joan
C&C
ccsoft

Postby Pascal » Feb 11 04 7:08 am

If you enable debug logging on the VPN connection (Client Side) and see messages similar to this:

01/26/04 01:49:37 VPN Connection: Negotiated a protocol version 1.4 connection with 'Main'
01/26/04 01:49:37 VPN Connection: A VPN connection has been established to 'Local network of VPN'
01/26/04 01:49:37 VPN Tunnels: Tunnel to 'Local network of VPN' requested on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:809
01/26/04 01:49:37 VPN Tunnels: Error ffe0b427 creating tunnel to node Local network of VPN (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:809) with ID 5

it is happening on the point of tunnel creation. This means that the VPN itself cannot find a route to route tunneled data through. If you look at http://forums.qbik.com/viewtopic.php?t=935 that thread has a rather long investigation into what can possibly cause this problem. (In this case it was a SyGate driver that had been left behind by an incomplete uninstall)

You can post your WinGate's routing table, or, if you'd be keen on running a debug kit, I can email one to you which is usually the clearest indication of where the problem lies.

It could also show up if a tunneled packet received an ICMP response that indicated the destination is unreachable.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby ccsoft » Feb 11 04 7:20 am

Hi Pascal.

That's my thought too.. there's something blocking the UDP data back. As I see the same message when I connect with my Firewall up blocking UDP.

Yes please send the debug kit and I'll have the client run it.

thanks!

Joan
C&C

joan@ccsoftware.ca
ccsoft

Postby Pascal » Feb 11 04 7:22 am

On its way ...
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby adrien » Feb 11 04 12:10 pm

Hi

That particular error looks to have been when the tunnel was initially created rather than any tunnel packet sent, so I don't think it will be the UDP being blocked.

The build you are being sent should show it up though.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to WinGate VPN