Kaspersky for Wingate does not update

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Kaspersky for Wingate does not update

Postby Valter » May 26 07 3:18 am

Hello everybody!

I have a problem with the Kaspersky Antivirus plugin for my Wingate: if I start my proxy server the KAV update works well, but after a little time (a minute or an hour at most) it doesn't update until I restart the system again. The KAV version is 2.0.1, engine version 4.0.2.32. What can be the reason for this problem and how can I solve it?

Thank you for the support!
Valter

Re: Kaspersky for Wingate does not update

Postby Nev » May 27 07 10:33 pm

Hello,

Does this thread help?

Or if not, try to deactivate the licence then uninstall / re install KAV.
--
Nev.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Postby Valter » May 29 07 1:52 am

Hello Nev!!
Thank you for your reply!

I looked your thread but, unfortunately we haven't Dial up connection, I think your solution cannot be applied to my case...
We have this problem with KAV update from many years, we changed server (we physically changed server), re-installed OS, re-installed Wingate and Kaspersky, but nothing changed...
Valter

Postby saubrey » May 29 07 5:18 am

I have the exact same problem. For me KAV update seems to work for up to 5 days or so and then it stop updating. I have to stop, then restart Wingate for KAV update to begin working again. I have had this problem for almost two years. Qbik says that they will implement a new version of the KAV plug-in that may fix this problem
saubrey
WinGate Master

Postby Valter » May 30 07 4:23 am

[quote="saubrey"] Qbik says that they will implement a new version of the KAV plug-in that may fix this problem[/quote]
Five days? Whow, you are lucky! Have you an idea when Qbik will release this new version?
Valter

Postby saubrey » Jun 01 07 4:19 am

Qbik did not say how soon it would be implemented, but last week when I emailed them they said soon. Sorry I don't have better information.

-- Steve
saubrey
WinGate Master

Postby Nev » Jun 02 07 9:17 pm

saubrey wrote:Qbik did not say how soon it would be implemented, but last week when I emailed them they said soon. Sorry I don't have better information.

-- Steve

Hi all,

i) Is anyone game to install Wingate and KAV as a trial on another box with the same operating system, just to determine if it fails when hooked to the same internet?

ii) Now I do not recommend anyone do this [if you have more the better to isolate the culprit] but if you deactivate the licence keys, uninstall Wingate and KAV, delete the whole Qbik Registry branch, then re-install from scratch, without importing an old Wingate Registry, does the fault go away?

As I said don't do this if concerned about the consequences in a production environment.

Always make backups and store the files in a safe separate location.

To extract the full registry I use this command:

REG EXPORT "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Qbik Software" C:\PROGRA~1\WINGATE\QBIK.REG /Y

It creates a file QBIK.REG in the Wingate directory, all cautions apply about exporting or importing the registry, if in doubt don't use this suggestion.

In the past I have had cases where KAV refused to update on a range of o/s from Win2k, XP, Win2k3 yet eventually cleared the fault one way or another.
--
Nev.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Postby Valter » Jun 04 07 8:53 pm

[quote="Nev]
i) Is anyone game to install Wingate and KAV as a trial on another box with the same operating system, just to determine if it fails when hooked to the same internet?
[/quote]

Hi Nev!
Yes, I tried to install Wingate and KAV on another box, same OS but different hardware, but nothing changes.. Do you think is my internet connection that make this things happen?
Valter

Postby Nev » Jun 04 07 9:18 pm

Valter wrote:Hi Nev!
Yes, I tried to install Wingate and KAV on another box, same OS but different hardware, but nothing changes.. Do you think is my internet connection that make this things happen?

Hi,

Oh that is good at least to know, so it could be the software or the Internet in some case perhaps, so doesn't really solve anything.

Did you import an old registry, or just use a fresh install and use trial licences?
--
Nev.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Postby Valter » Jun 05 07 1:51 am

I installed Wingate and Kaspersky on the new machine and then I imported the old settings.. maybe the fault is in some bad settings I imported in my new proxy.. I think I will never find the culprit, I have hundred settings, I'm very sad!

See you soon!
Valter

Postby Nev » Jun 11 07 1:47 am

Valter wrote:I installed Wingate and Kaspersky on the new machine and then I imported the old settings.. maybe the fault is in some bad settings I imported in my new proxy.. I think I will never find the culprit, I have hundred settings, I'm very sad!

See you soon!

Ok, that is good to know.

On the test machine, uninstall Wingate & KAV, delete the whole Registry branch HKLM\SOFTWARE\Qbik Software and re installl both products without importing any registry.

I think this will work!

All cautions apply about editing the registry as above.
--
Nev.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate