Unreliable Antivirus

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Unreliable Antivirus

Postby Bob Tucker » Oct 14 03 11:35 pm

In the Wingate forum, Adrien wrote, "If you have data scanning plugins installed and deselected from a service, a bug in the engine breaks serialisation of services to GateKeeper." I am afraid I did just this.

I installed the trail version of Visnetic AV late last month with WinGate 5.0.7. Email worked fine, but browsing yielded poor results: A number of web pages no longer loaded coerrectly, and many were distorted. I disabled transparent redirection of the WWW proxy for both NAT and the WIC; and I disabled Visnetic AV in the WWW Proxy. I upgraded to version 5.0.8 last Friday. All Wingate service, except WWW proxy, eventually disappeared in Gatekeeper. Winsock redirection failed today. I upgraded to 5.0.10 - and the results were the same. I had only the WWW service. I reverted to 5.0.7. WinGate works again.

How would one disable VAV in browsing? Are my observations regarding browings problems and VAV similar to those of other persons? WinGate is on a dedicated WinXP PC. Norton AV CE 8.x is also installed on that PC.

Kindest Regards,

Bob Tucker
Bob Tucker

Re: Unreliable Antivirus

Postby tim » Oct 15 03 11:58 am

Bob Tucker wrote:In the Wingate forum, Adrien wrote, "If you have data scanning plugins installed and deselected from a service, a bug in the engine breaks serialisation of services to GateKeeper." I am afraid I did just this.
Bob Tucker

Hi, Please read:

http://forums.qbik.com/viewtopic.php?t=159

Thanks

Tim
tim

VAV Reliablity

Postby Bob Tucker » Oct 15 03 2:10 pm

Thank you. I had read that information as it was part of Adrien's post. I did not make myself clear. I had disabled VAV with respect to browsing as VAV appears to interfere with browsing. I want to find out if this is a configurational issue. WinGate is on a dedicated PC running Windows XP. I read in one post or another that Norton Antivirus is an issue. I do have Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition client software on this PC.

Is our experience with browsing problems with VAV likely to be a configuratonal issue? If so can it be dealt with?

This is a production network, so I cannot configure it without casusing problems. I appreciate any information that you can pass along.

Kindest Regards,

Bob Tucker
Bob Tucker

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate