KAV Update w/o web access.

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

KAV Update w/o web access.

Postby Nev » Jun 26 04 11:01 pm

Hi all,

I am testing a server on trial licence.

The site has a Licenced Wingate installation [soon to be two!] that has web access when required.

However another wan portal is causing serious inbound traffic issues and it is here that I am demonstrating another Wingate server specifically to protect the interior network.

The question I have is how to update KAV without web access?

At this point I have scheduled tasks to copy the bases from the Wingate machine and stop / start the engine on the Trial machine.

Far from ideal, can it be done in a cleaner way by Wingate where it can access a UNC directory and reload the bases.

If not then the system in place is ok but their is a lag between the reloading of the bases as it must be done after hours so users are not interrupted. As previous the web access is only at start of day [not 24/7] for half an hour or so and it is here that the current installation updates it's bases, but the other installation must delay until after hours.

Thanks,
Nev.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Postby adrien » Jun 29 04 1:21 am

if you can get the files copied in a batch file, you may be able to use WinGate's scheduler to copy the files across.

Otherwise I'm not sure how the files are downloaded, whether there is a key file that it always gets first to find out what to download next or not.

It is possible you could even get the KAV updater on one machine to use the other WinGate as a web server to supply the second one.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate