License Error with freshly purchased license & download

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

License Error with freshly purchased license & download

Postby mbmast » Nov 12 04 5:29 pm

First, I purchased a Kaspersky license and then I downloaded and installed it. During the installation, I selected the License feature (as opposed to using a trial license). I pasted in the license I received in the email at the time of my purchase. The install seemed to have completed OK, but in Gatekeeper I see the following message:

Your Qbik issued license will expire before the Kaspersky AntiVirus Engine key-file. It is recommended that you update this key file with a newer one. Please visit http://www.qbik.com/products/kav/licensing.php

I don't even understand this message. What does it mean and what do I have to do now?

Thanks,

Mike.
mbmast

Postby Pascal » Nov 12 04 6:01 pm

You might need to get an updated Kaspersky Engine Key file. There are two components to licensing that plugin - the Engine Key File (Kaspersky) and the user license (Qbik). We manage both for you.

However, they have different expiry dates. Without going into too much detail, what the system has detected is that there is a difference between the two. I do suspect that message's text is wrong though, it should be the other way around. (Your Kasperksy antiVirus Engine key-file will expire before your Qbik issued license) The fix was made a day after our last release, but we're not quite ready for the next KAV release.

The easiest option is to download the key file from our website and place it in your installation folder. (There should already be a "Kaspersky.key" file - replace that one)
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby Nev » Nov 14 04 10:50 pm

Pascal wrote:You might need to get an updated Kaspersky Engine Key file. There are two components to licensing that plugin - the Engine Key File (Kaspersky) and the user license (Qbik). We manage both for you.

However, they have different expiry dates. Without going into too much detail, what the system has detected is that there is a difference between the two. I do suspect that message's text is wrong though, it should be the other way around. (Your Kasperksy antiVirus Engine key-file will expire before your Qbik issued license) The fix was made a day after our last release, but we're not quite ready for the next KAV release.

The easiest option is to download the key file from our website and place it in your installation folder. (There should already be a "Kaspersky.key" file - replace that one)

G'day Pascal,

In a previous thread I did try to replace the "Kaspersky.key" file but when Wingate is re started / server re booted all functionality is lost for the plugin.

Just add the *.key file to the folder is all that is needed.

Nev.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Postby Pascal » Nov 15 04 7:53 am

Thanks for that one Nev, I'll put it on my list of things for the next version.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate