Anti-Virus License

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Anti-Virus License

Postby mmakowski57 » Nov 07 03 7:48 pm

Hello. I have just downloaded and installed the new plug-in and Wingate 5.1. It apears to be working fine and is catching viruses. However, I could not find any place to install the license (which I have yet to purchase). 1) Why is it working without the license and 2) how do I purchase/install the license?
mmakowski57

Postby adrien » Nov 09 03 5:13 pm

The license is a .key file which exists in the same directory as the plugin. We ship with a 1 month trial key. When you purchase a subscription, you get another .key file emailed to you, which you will need to copy into the same folder.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Upgrade or new licence

Postby bbroadking » Nov 10 03 10:12 pm

Hello there,

I have the visnetic antivirus plugin running (licenced until 1-11-2004) with wingate 5.0.10. Before i download the new 5.1 version with the new Kaperky plugin i have a few questions about it:

Is this licence transferable to the new Kapersky plugin ?
If not, can i stay with the visnetic plugin using the new wingate 5.1 version ?
If not, do you offer the visnetic users a financial solution to tranfer to this new plugin ?

Thanks in advance,
Bert
bbroadking

Postby erwin » Nov 11 03 9:30 am

Hi Bert

To answer your question:

The Visnetic licence will not work for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plug-in however
WinGate 5.1 will support existing installation of the Visnetic AV plugin, so if you upgrade WinGate to 5.1 you should have no problem continuing to use the Visnetic plugin.

Regards

Erwin
erwin
Qbik Staff

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate