Switch to full style
Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin
Post a reply

Spyware - In and Out?

Jun 17 08 4:27 am

Does Kaspersky catch spyware activity coming both in and out? Thanks - Al

Re: Spyware - In and Out?

Jun 18 08 4:00 pm

Kaspersky doesn't detect the activity of spyware. It scans files as they are downloaded through WinGate, and catches viruses, trojans, spyware, malware and more before these files reach the client.

If you want a solution that can keep an eye on your network for any suspicious behaviour and warn you if there are any potential problems, I suggest taking a look at NetPatrol.

Jun 18 08 5:53 pm

Oh. That's too bad.

We were using a product that monitored and blocked suspicious activity. We looked at Netpatrol and didn't really understand what is was supposed to do.

Maybe a future Wingate enhancement.

Jun 21 08 5:56 pm

OK. We have been looking again at Netpatrol. I do not see any way of easily maintaining a database of possible spyware sites and activity and perform blocking. It appears to be a very manually oriented product that is more about monitoring than prevention.

However, I did notice that there are a number of 3rd party addons for Wingate and was wondering if any of them provide an effective spyware activity blocking tool with an override facility like Kaspersky and Puresight do.

- Al
Post a reply