Switch to full style
Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin
Post a reply

Quarantining Emails

Jan 08 10 2:10 pm

Today we had an issue with the KAV quarantining Random Emails. Can anyone explain why this may be happening? We are running Wingate 6.6.4 with KAV 2.0 on a Windows 2008 X64 Server SP2. We are also running Symantec Endpoint Protection on the same server. Could it be a issue with both software trying to scan the email and the KAV quarantines it somewhere along the way. Any help would be great.

Scott

Re: Quarantining Emails

Feb 23 10 8:45 pm

Don't know why but we've had the same problem. We shut down Wingate, clear the logs and cache and anything else clearable and restart Wingate. The problem goes away for a few weeks. There isn't any mechanism that we can use to recover quarantined emails back to the user either. We've had enough weirdness from Kaspersky and Wingate that my client is getting a bit miffed. Now looking at other alternatives.

Re: Quarantining Emails

Apr 06 10 10:46 am

alyork wrote:There isn't any mechanism that we can use to recover quarantined emails back to the user either. We've had enough weirdness from Kaspersky and Wingate that my client is getting a bit miffed. Now looking at other alternatives.

Hi!
You can try a free beta-version of Dr.Web for Qbik WinGate proxy server , as alternatives.
Аlready in beta:
- details plugin logging events to windows Event Log;
- powerfull quarantine manager with rescan/delete/extract to disk functions. You can use only Dr.web Quarantine, only WinGate, or both, optionally!
- hourly antivirus database updates. Very effective (diff) update. Small virus-database size (around 30-40Mb), with >1.2 millions virus records;
and many helpful and unique functions in plans!

see more in news.drweb.com/show/?i=1037&c=5&p=0&lng=en
Post a reply