Visnetic Antivirus Not working with wingate 5.1

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Visnetic Antivirus Not working with wingate 5.1

Postby Pxt » Nov 13 03 1:22 am

Hi,

We recently upgraded to wingate 5.1 from 5.0.10 but have found that the Visnetic Av plugin is no longer scanning the incoming stream. The plugin is enabled in the www Proxy tab and is licensed till nov 2004.
As a test we have tried to download the eicar test virus file and it allows download and save.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Pxt
Pxt

More info on Visnetic Anti Virus Not working with wingate5.1

Postby Pxt » Nov 13 03 2:41 am

HI,

Sorry to have posted this, did not see a similar post for same subject.
However, we are not using nat and have got transparent redirection in place.

We have tried to download the eicar file using both ENS and access via the www proxy and get the same results i.e file not scanned.

thanks

pxt
Pxt

Postby erwin » Nov 13 03 11:13 am

Hi Pxt

Just a question,

What client method are you using to connect to the Internet? You say that you dont use NAT(network Address translation) yet you say you connect with ENS?

If you are using the WinGate Internet client or NAT then all that you need to do to ensure http traffic is scanned for viruses is to check that

1. Trs are enabled on the "Session" tab of the WWW proxy
2. That the plugin is enabled and check box ticked in the "Plugin" tab of the WWW proxy.

I have retested the scenario in the lab, and found that downloading the eicar tests (zip,txt,com) were caught by the Visnetic plugin fine even after an upgrade to WinGate 5.1
I would suggest to recheck your settings, ensure you have the latest Visnetic AV updates, and that the appropriate users are still covered by the plugin.

Let us know how you get on

Regards

Erwin
erwin
Qbik Staff

Postby requena » Nov 13 03 8:54 pm

I make the same test with wingate 5.1 and visnetic (2 in trial period) only with proxy (no ens) and with the plugin marqued in the proxy service, and don`t detect the eicar.
After i download the new kaspersky plugin and install it and it work ok.
requena

The same problem

Postby nicolatiana » Nov 14 03 4:13 am

I've got the same problem: I was not able to license the new plug-in 1.1 embebbed in Wingate 5.1. I requested to receive the key file to enable the plug-in but the sales departement has encouraged to remove the new 1.1 plug-in and install the old Visnetic 4.4.3. plug-in: the result is that the plug-in is not listed from within Wingate and virus are not intercepted.

Nicola
nicolatiana

Postby erwin » Nov 14 03 9:46 am

Hi there,

There seems to be some confusion with the status and licencing of the Kaspersky Antivirus for WinGate plugin and the Visnetic Antivirus plugin.

The Kaspersky Antivirus for WinGate is NOT an upgrade or new version of the Visnetic AV plugin, and so will not accept the same licence key.

Support for a pre existing Visnet Av plugin installation is used in WinGate 5.1 so that users who are upgrading to WinGate 5.1 and have a fully licenced version of VisNetic AV plugin already installed will continue to enjoy the full operation of the Visnetic AV.

If users wish to install Kaspersky Antivirus for WinGate, when they run the installer, they are given a warning about licencing and functionality problems that may occur when other AV plugins are still installed, and so they need to remove these, for the Kaspersky Antivirus for WinGate to function properly.

If they have a full Visnetic AV licence but have not yet installed the Visnetic AV, they are still able to install it cleanly to WinGate 5.1, however they will need to input the licence key into the actual Visnetic Configuration Application (under the "Registration" tab)

I hope this clarifies some of the confusion

Regards
Erwin
erwin
Qbik Staff

Postby requena » Nov 15 03 12:35 am

I think is not a license problem, becouse with 5.0.10 works ok, but with 5.1 the visnetic don't detect the eicar test (and the antivirus is marked in the proxy service, and i don't use ENS).
Could be becouse i test the new kaspersky antivirus and after unistall it i test again the visnetic and no errors, but don't work
bye
requena

Postby Pxt » Nov 15 03 3:47 am

Hi,

Thanks for the replies to this post.

We now have Visnetic Av working with wingate 5.1. To summarise the AV plugin was not scanning the incoming stream even with the following settings
1. visnetic Av was licensed
2. plugin enavbled in www proxy
3. transparent redirection enabled in www proxy
4. Nat enabled in ENS
5.Port redirect for port 80 in ens Port security
6. Policies Rights for ( ens and www proxy service ) Users can access this service set to Default rights - may be used instead.

We had this working before upgrading to wingate 5.1.
On upgrading to 5.1 we did install the new qbik plugin and it did work but on realising that this new plugin was not a licensed upgrade we removed and reinstalled visnetic to start the problem.

The only way we have found was to deinstall wingate, visnetic and our puresight gatefilter and reinstall.

Thanks again

regards

Pxt
Pxt

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate