KAV not updating (again)

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

KAV not updating (again)

Postby xwray » Dec 20 05 1:44 pm

I'm getting the "Data File Update for KAV For Wingate Could Not Be Completed" message...is Kaspersky having server problems? I'm running KAV 2.0.1 and Wingate 6.1.1. There are no license issues being reported and everything appears to be working as it should except for the updates.

thanks
<Smith & Wesson...the original point and click interface>
xwray

Postby adrien » Dec 20 05 7:41 pm

Is this regularly happening?

There have been issues in the past with their servers - pretty heavily loaded.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby xwray » Dec 21 05 4:44 am

adrien wrote:Is this regularly happening?

Adrien

The updates seem to work fine for a while - maybe a week or so - and then these messages start. This latest instance has been going on for 2 days. I set it to update hourly to see if and when it starts working again but as of late last night central time it still wasn't updating.

thanks
xwray

Postby xwray » Dec 21 05 6:06 pm

xwray wrote:

Adrien

The updates seem to work fine for a while - maybe a week or so - and then these messages start. This latest instance has been going on for 2 days. I set it to update hourly to see if and when it starts working again but as of late last night central time it still wasn't updating.

thanks

Still not updating as of 11:00 pm CST Tuesday...
xwray

Postby xwray » Dec 22 05 5:21 pm

xwray wrote:
xwray wrote:

Adrien

thanks

Still not updating as of 11:00 pm CST Tuesday...

Well, 10:00 pm on Wed and still not working...is anyone at Qbik looking into this? Is it possible that something is wrong on my side? I would think that would have surely resolved any server problem by now?

thanks
xwray

Postby MattP » Dec 29 05 10:15 am

Hi,

Sorry to have not got back to you sooner. What happens if you go to Start-->Programs-->Wingate-->Plugins-->KAV and manually update using the updater?
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby xwray » Dec 30 05 4:18 am

MattP wrote:Hi,

Sorry to have not got back to you sooner. What happens if you go to Start-->Programs-->Wingate-->Plugins-->KAV and manually update using the updater?

It wouldn't work either, however, the automatic updating began working around 2:00 pm last Sunday and is still working OK.

Because I hadn't received any response here I went ahead and opened an "official" case which is currently being worked by Jamesc so there is no need to follow up here unless you think others might benefit.

thanks
xwray

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate