New user - 4 issues

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

New user - 4 issues

Postby llupin » Nov 18 03 6:31 am

I have just installed KAV and copied our key to the KAV folder. I have four issues that I'd like to ask about.

1) Should I delete the trial key from the KAV folder?

2) Will the license details show up in Gatekeeper? If I open help/licenses in Gatekeeper all I see are the Wingate and Puresight licenses.

3) The FTP proxy doesn't trap the eicar test file (eicar.com). Also If I use socks through the browser to ftp I can save the test file to the client machine by chosing "save file as" in the browser dialog but it does trap it if I try to open it by chosing to "open file".

4) There is a folder in the plugins folder named "Antivirus for Wingate". Is this needed?
llupin

Re: New user - 4 issues

Postby llupin » Nov 25 03 6:00 am

1) Should I delete the trial key from the KAV folder?

I am moving the trial key and will see how it behaves.

2) Will the license details show up in Gatekeeper? If I open help/licenses in Gatekeeper all I see are the Wingate and Puresight licenses.

Anyone have an idea on this?

3) The FTP proxy doesn't trap the eicar test file (eicar.com). Also If I use socks through the browser to ftp I can save the test file to the client machine by chosing "save file as" in the browser dialog but it does trap it if I try to open it by chosing to "open file".

This was an error on my part. Evrything seems to work fine.

4) There is a folder in the plugins folder named "Antivirus for Wingate". Is this needed?

llupin

Postby Nev » Nov 25 03 8:41 pm

llupin wrote:1) Should I delete the trial key from the KAV folder?

I am moving the trial key and will see how it behaves.

This was an error on my part. Evrything seems to work fine.

1\ No I don't recommend this
2\ Licencing in the plugin 'About' tab
3\ Great!
4\ Not needed for KAV, I deleted this after changing, all I have now is 'Kaspersky Antivirus'

Cheers,
Nev.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Postby llupin » Nov 26 03 3:48 am

1\ No I don't recommend this
- agreed, removing it caused problems

- On the about tab for the Kapersky AV plugin it doesn't say anything that could be construed as a licensing detail. Just a section for the AV engine and database details .

4\ Not needed for KAV, I deleted this after changing, all I have now is 'Kaspersky Antivirus'

- If I remove it Wingate squawks at startup about missing pluginDKAV.dll. I haven't had time to see if editing the registry gets me past to error message. It is listed as a pluging under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Qbik Software\Wingate\Data Scanning Plugins\Installed\Antivirus.
llupin

Postby Pascal » Nov 27 03 9:08 am

llupin wrote:1\ No I don't recommend this
- agreed, removing it caused problems

- On the about tab for the Kapersky AV plugin it doesn't say anything that could be construed as a licensing detail. Just a section for the AV engine and database details .

- If I remove it Wingate squawks at startup about missing pluginDKAV.dll. I haven't had time to see if editing the registry gets me past to error message. It is listed as a pluging under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Qbik Software\Wingate\Data Scanning Plugins\Installed\Antivirus.

1. You can remove it, but you will need an updated keyid.dat file.
2. This has been added for the next release. It's due out soon.
4. The folder is not needed and you can remove the registry key for it as well.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate