Does Kaspersky only protects proxy or even NAT?

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Does Kaspersky only protects proxy or even NAT?

Postby SarekHL » May 15 06 9:49 pm

Hello,

what exactly is protected by Kaspersky for WinGate? Does it only check emails and http-transfer if I use the proxy-function? Or does it even protect my internet-traffic if I only use WinGate as NAT-router?
SarekHL

Postby genie » May 15 06 10:40 pm

Kaspersky antivirus plug checks only data coming through Wingate engine - that is mail, FTP , HTTP traffic and such. However, since Wingate supports transparent redirection, you can redirect HTTP traffic, for example, going through NAT up to the engine for checking/proxying.
genie
Qbik Staff

Postby SarekHL » May 15 06 10:49 pm

[quote="genie"]However, since Wingate supports transparent redirection, you can redirect HTTP traffic, for example, going through NAT up to the engine for checking/proxying.[/quote]

Also POP3-Transfer WITHOUT using the POP3-proxy?
SarekHL

Postby genie » May 15 06 11:02 pm

Again, if POP3 sessions are intercepted by the engine, then plugins can see and check the data.
genie
Qbik Staff

Postby yuri59 » Jun 23 06 8:37 pm

One more question.

I have mail server located on the part of internet ( POP3 set on port 6110).
WG configured for mapping port 110 from LAN to port 6110 ( my mail server ) on Internet .
This scheme really work but, how I can check POP3 traffic to LAN mail-client with AV2.0 for WG ?
yuri59

Postby The Underground Project » Dec 18 06 12:47 am

Will Antivirus plugin find a virus, if i have downloaded it to a workstation by a file sharing program like emule? Or will Wingate plugin detect virus typical internet access initiated by a virus from a workstation (for example the virus was not downloaded from internet, but started from a CD or memory stick?

If not, then i need to install Kaspeski Antivirus to each workstation. Does it make sense to buy Kasperski for Workstation AND for Wingate?
The Underground Project

Postby mrLenin » Jan 17 07 3:28 am

The newest version alow to use Kaspersky for WINGATE . You can to save money with license )
mrLenin

Postby Nev » Jan 19 07 4:28 pm

mrLenin wrote:The newest version alow to use Kaspersky for WINGATE . You can to save money with license )

However, you will need to manually scan the system as the plugin is just that a data scanning plugin for web traffic.

There is limited file / disk scanning but it has to be done by the user, after which a report can be saved.

Does a great job, in fact with a clean network I can't recall last, when I used the disk scanning feature because all traffic is inspected if installed correctly.
--
Nev.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Postby mrLenin » Jan 19 07 10:51 pm

Strange, I was mastaken, sorry.
mrLenin

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate