The License for AntiVirus has expired or is invalid

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

The License for AntiVirus has expired or is invalid

Postby promomas » Nov 24 03 7:26 am

Hello QBIK Team,

today I have received the following message which is wrong:

The License for AntiVirus has expired or is invalid. AntiVirus functionality will not be available.

I have bought a much bigger License then needed on 4th of August 2003 and should expire after 12 month. Funily your E-Mail says on the 1st even when I bought on the 4th of August.

I did not do any updates since 2 weeks of the Visnetic Firewall. I did not download any new program for the Visnetic AbtiVirus Plugin. I just stopped working today without any reason.

Updating the Virus Librarys is still possible but the Plugin is not in use.

Our problem is now that I have to shut down the whole Network as we are not protected as I am using a 24h DSL Line.

I need really quick help - thanks!
Michael

Michael Kohlfürst michael.kohlfuerst@promomasters.at
---------------------------------------------------------
PromoMasters: Website Promotion - SearchEngine Management
Untersbergstrasse 24 - 5081 Anif (Salzburg) Österreich
Tel: 06246 76286 (Austria) +43 6246 76286-0 (International)
Web: www.promomasters.at - E-Mail: info@promomasters.at
promomas

Postby goran » Nov 24 03 8:50 pm

I just revieved the same message after upgrading to 5.1 !

"The License for AntiVirus has expired or is invalid. AntiVirus functionality will not be available. "

And yes, I have a valid license for AV plug-in subscription (til 6th of August 2004).

I also tried to manualy enter the license key for AV but nothing ("Your license details were invalid ...").

Heeelp!

regards,
Goran
goran

Postby erwin » Nov 25 03 1:11 pm

Hi there

Just a few questions Michael as I see no one has replied to your post.

We have made sure that new version of WinGate (5.1 ) will still support the Visnetic AV plugin.

What version of WinGate did you upgrade from when this message started appearing?

Are you using the Visnetic Plugin (that you brought the licence for in August,) or the new Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin that can be dowloaded from Qbik's site?

To clarify :

Kaspersky Antivirus for WinGate is not an upgrade or the same product as Visnetic AV , and so will not use or work with the same licence key.

Kaspersky Antivirus requires WinGate 5.1 to work properly.

Existing Visnetic Av installations will continue to work correctly with WinGate 5.1 after an upgrade.

We even made sure you can reinstall a clean version of the Visnetic AV to WinGate 5.1, (as long as you have a full key), However the License Key must now be installed through the Visnetic AV application under the registration tab rather then the licence box in GateKeeper in WinGate.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion, please let us know how you get on.

Regards
Erwin
erwin
Qbik Staff

Postby Nev » Nov 25 03 8:33 pm

G'day Erwin, one question with Wingate 5.1 and KAV plugin ]not Visnetic[ the date field says NA, now it's been in place for nearly a month, how long do I have before I need to buy a key to licence this product?

Thanks,
Nev.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Postby promomas » Nov 25 03 9:17 pm

Hi Erwin,

erwin wrote:What version of WinGate did you upgrade from when this message started appearing?

Now I am using 5.1.0 (Build 867) - before it has been soemting like Build 848 - 2 Versions back from the actual one.

erwin wrote: Are you using the Visnetic Plugin (that you brought the licence for in August,) or the new Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin that can be dowloaded from Qbik's site?

I have been reading about this matter that users have upgraded to the Kaspersky AntiVirus. I did not - I am still using the "old" Visnetiv AntiVirus Plugin. This is why I also argued cause the mixing of all those names of Versions and software is really confusing and needs a lot of attention - we are getting too less Information.

erwin wrote:Kaspersky Antivirus for WinGate is not an upgrade or the same product as Visnetic AV , and so will not use or work with the same licence key.

I have been reading about that and I know. (Good Luck before installing)

erwin wrote:Existing Visnetic Av installations will continue to work correctly with WinGate 5.1 after an upgrade.

Should!

erwin wrote:We even made sure you can reinstall a clean version of the Visnetic AV to WinGate 5.1, (as long as you have a full key), However the License Key must now be installed through the Visnetic AV application under the registration tab rather then the licence box in GateKeeper in WinGate.

This is my next Problem. My license key Promomasters is not accepted by Wingate. I have entered my until summer valid license key for teh Vsinetic Antivirus Plugin and it is not accepted by Wingate 5 .1.0.

This leads me to the next and last question. After the license period in summer 2004 can I purchase a new key for another year or will I have to buy a new (more expensive) software again?

Thanks
Michael
promomas

Postby erwin » Nov 26 03 8:41 am

Hi Michael , Nev

Michael,
You may have misunderstood my last post about where to install the Visnetic licence Key. My apologies if it wasnt clear.

Up until WinGate version 5.1 you were able to enter the licence into the licence manager in GateKeeper /WinGate. Now if you reinstall Visntetic Av to a machine with WinGate 5.1 installed, you will need to enter the licence key into the Visnetic Antivirus program, this application has a tab called "registration" where you can enter your Visnetic AV licence key.

Attempting to enter it into WinGates licence manager will not work and could be a source of your problem.

Also when checking your licence key in the Visnetic AV application could you check and see there is a "Single threaded engine" listed in the under tab called AVinfo.

Regards
Erwin
erwin
Qbik Staff

Postby erwin » Nov 26 03 8:47 am

Hi Nev,

The date field is a legacy field which was used by the previous AV architecture from the engine. It doesnt bear any relevance to the date of trial or licence period, but thanks for pointing it out. This will be removed in future releases.

Like all Qbik products they allow you a thirty day trial from install, after which time you will need to purchase a full key.

Regards
Erwin
erwin
Qbik Staff

Postby promomas » Nov 26 03 9:38 pm

erwin wrote:You may have misunderstood my last post about where to install the Visnetic licence Key.

Yes - I thought I have to use the License Manager directly in WinGate. I am now back on running and scanning.

Here is my solution:

1. I went into the AV Plugin and entered the License Key which did the scanner not get running

2. I deleted the key and then I reentered it which also did the Plugin not getting running in the registered mode

3. I went into Wingate and opened the Plugin TAB - then I saw that I can press on a Button called "Update". This Button only works when nothin is selected. I pressed the button and then I got told that there is a new Version of the Plugin.

Really I did not know that the Plugin can be updatet that way - I always took a look at your Website for Updates. This might also be the reason why so many have installed the wrong "Update" with the new Kaspersky Antivirus.

4. After installing and rebooting the system went back fine!

ATTENTION: You will be asked during the installation if some older files should be installed - say NO as I think that you would rollback some new files which have been installed with the newest version of Wingate.

Question: If I press the Update Button now - nothing happens. You should change this matter that people get told that there is no Update. If I would not have known better I would have thought that this button is not working.

Thanks for support and personal help to both of you
Michael

Michael Kohlfürst michael.kohlfuerst@promomasters.at
---------------------------------------------------------
PromoMasters: Website Promotion - SearchEngine Management
Untersbergstrasse 24 - 5081 Anif (Salzburg) Österreich
Tel: 06246 76286 (Austria) +43 6246 76286-0 (International)
Web: www.promomasters.at - E-Mail: info@promomasters.at
promomas

Almost same problem here

Postby olaf.krause » Nov 27 03 10:20 am

I updated to 5.1 and now (maybe yesterday or on sunday) I get a warning the the liccense has expired. I'm using the "old" Visnetic AV engine which shows a valid license until 5/10/2004. In Wingate I can open the plugin but it tells me that plugin is not installed or the license is invalid.
Come back to your question above: the visnetic av engine tab show no single threaded version installed. Multi threaded is 4.02.17 Last update 25.11.2003

any help is welcome

Olaf
olaf.krause
WinGate Master

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate