Sequential Changes and slow support

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Sequential Changes and slow support

Postby promomas » Nov 25 03 11:39 am

I have decided to buy at Deerfield cause I thought that the Service ispretty good.

Now everything is called QBIK without any announcement, new updates or upgrades with new names are offered and the confusiion starts.

I had been awaiting an answer on a QBIK FAILURE SINCE 48 HOURS. I do not have received an answer on my request which has been posted 48 hours ago.

I had been angry as my license is valid until middle of next year, but a programming mistake makes it unvalid since sunday. I DO NOT HAVE ANY VIRUS PROTECTION since over 48 hours.

I hope that the support gets better again
Mike
promomas

Re: Sequential Changes and slow support

Postby Nev » Nov 25 03 8:37 pm

promomas wrote:I have decided to buy at Deerfield cause I thought that the Service ispretty good.

Now everything is called QBIK without any announcement, new updates or upgrades with new names are offered and the confusiion starts.

I had been awaiting an answer on a QBIK FAILURE SINCE 48 HOURS. I do not have received an answer on my request which has been posted 48 hours ago.

I had been angry as my license is valid until middle of next year, but a programming mistake makes it unvalid since sunday. I DO NOT HAVE ANY VIRUS PROTECTION since over 48 hours.

I hope that the support gets better again
Mike

G'day Mike, well I'd say it's extremely unusual for the Adrien and the frienly people at QBIK not to help in my experience, they will go an extra mile to help out on a 1 x 1 basis.

Just as an aside does the post: http://forums.qbik.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... highlight= contain any solutions perhaps.

Nev.
Nev
WinGate Guru

Re: Sequential Changes and slow support

Postby promomas » Nov 26 03 4:23 am

Nev wrote:G'day Mike, well I'd say it's extremely unusual for the Adrien and the frienly people at QBIK not to help in my experience, they will go an extra mile to help out on a 1 x 1 basis.

Hi Nev, thanks for giving me good hope that it gets back to as good as it has been. An hour I have posted this message my "old" message shas been answered. I know 48 hours are not a lot of time - but 48 hours (in between 72 without an active Virus Scan) makes me a little nervous.

Nev wrote:Just as an aside does the post: http://forums.qbik.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... highlight= contain any solutions perhaps. Nev.

This has been written by me - the problem still exists and none of the advices could get my Plugin back actively running.

Thanks
Michael
promomas

Problem is solved - advices for the future

Postby promomas » Nov 27 03 8:43 pm

Thanks, my problem is solved now.

To have this new kind of support where users first try to help themselves is a good and a bad idea. It helps to keep costs down but if you experience a huge safety leck like I did you do not wanna wait over 48 hours for a feedback.

--> Maxiumum 24 hours sfor an answer should be a measure

Names of products, of the company etc changed and news had been written. This all gives a confusing mix to the people which do no work with the software every day. Plugin here, Plugin there Antivirus this and that. The explanations are so small that people get troubles to recognize theyr product.

--> Give clear description of the products - what they do

--> A product number which shows that it still is the same product even if it has changed its name - if upgrading you know the products you are compatible with - so easier to find the upgrade you are looking for

--> Inform people when (as) the company is sold or renamed - tell them that their software will be valid and how is it going on. Will the product update for Visnetic AV Plugin also be available after summer 04?

Network Routing, scanning and security issues are something people are in a "fear" of cause it has so many things you can do wrong and not finding a failure, not seeing what is wrong.

So please make it easier for us and we will continue buying your products

Thanks
Michael
promomas

Postby adrien » Nov 28 03 1:02 am

Hi

Just saw this thread... to address a couple of your points, firstly, a lot of confusion has arisen since terminating our distribution contract with Deerfield. This was largely due to the fact that even though we wrote the product and you can see our copyright on the manuals back to version 1, most people thought (and still think) that Deerfield owned WinGate, and they did little to lead people to believe otherwise.

So, no company or product has been sold or renamed. Also we don't have the email lists which we could have used to tell all the WinGate customers what was happening - Deerfield has that list, and I guess they decided it was not in their best interests to let customers know what was about to happen.

So you can start to see our dilemma... we just have to deal with the issues as they arise, since we can't let people know what is going on until they come to our site.

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Postby promomas » Nov 28 03 1:17 am

adrien wrote:So, no company or product has been sold or renamed. Also we don't have the email lists which we could have used to tell all the WinGate customers what was happening - Deerfield has that list, and I guess they decided it was not in their best interests to let customers know what was about to happen.

Hi Adrien,

thank you for this valuable Information. For me it is good to hear that we are now in the founders hand cause this tells me further updates, upgrades and support - no changes!

Again changing our security systems would make me really nervous. I have purchased a 25 person license even we are only 3 of us - just to be sure nothin has to changed in further future. Never touch a running system ;-)

Thanks & Best regards
Michael
--
Michael Kohlfürst michael.kohlfuerst@promomasters.at
---------------------------------------------------------
PromoMasters: Website Promotion - SearchEngine Management
Untersbergstrasse 24 - 5081 Anif (Salzburg) Österreich
Tel: 06246 76286 (Austria) +43 6246 76286-0 (International)
Web: www.promomasters.at - E-Mail: info@promomasters.at
promomas

Postby Arvel » Dec 04 03 2:40 pm

> Just saw this thread... to address a couple of your points, firstly, a lot of
> confusion has arisen since terminating our distribution contract with
> Deerfield. This was largely due to the fact that even though we wrote
> the product and you can see our copyright on the manuals back to
> version 1, most people thought (and still think) that Deerfield owned
> WinGate, and they did little to lead people to believe otherwise.

We experienced the same in our dealings with Deerfield. They constantly pressured us with branding requests. It was one of the main reasons why we dumped them.

> Also we don't have the email lists which we could have used to tell all
> the WinGate customers what was happening - Deerfield has that list,
> and I guess they decided it was not in their best interests to let
> customers know what was about to happen.

Yep. Alt-N had a similar experience dealing with Deerfield. When we ended our relationship with them Deerfield refused to turn over to us our customer database files which they had in their possession. I finally had to file a law suite in Texas court against Mike Deerfield and Deerfield.com which I faxed directly to Mike Deerfield's private fax machine and his attorney's office as well. Within a couple of days Deerfield decided to turn our customer files over to us after all. Imagine that. In our case the law suite would have been easily won. A very large part of our contract with them dealt specifically with the procedure by which they were to turn over our customer list to us at termination - a procedure which they simply thought they could ignore.
--
Arvel Hathcock
CEO, Alt-N Technologies
http://www.altn.com
Arvel

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate