Outlook Express can't get mail through AV!

Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Outlook Express can't get mail through AV!

Postby rdunn » Dec 05 03 4:23 pm

Registered wingate 5.2 user running wingate server on win2kpro box (866mhz, 512mb ram 20gig hd). I am trying to replace Visnetic AV with Kaspersky AV. Downloaded and installed Kaspersky AV as a trial. Having a problem when I “bind” plugin to the POP server. None of my wingate clients can get their email. They are all running win2kpro and the mail client is outlook express. No wingate software is on the clients. Outlook Express attempts to get the messages, but fails with message: “your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems or a long period of inactivity. Error number 0:CCC0F.”

Tried changing the options in Kaspersky AV plugin(don’t check plain email, etc..) but am still not getting any mail through. If I disable the plugin for the pop service, every one can get their email again. Our isp is Comcast and the mail clients use the ip address of the Comcast pop and smtp server to communicate. We are not using built in wingate mail server functions. I can find no error messages in the logs.

I would like to at least scan email attachments. Any help in getting this working would be greatly appreciated.

Robert Dunn
rdunn

Same problem

Postby fabiomtl » Dec 09 03 10:49 am

I am having the same problem.
fabiomtl

Postby adrien » Dec 09 03 1:06 pm

Hi

We found a problem yesterday with the POP3 proxy relating to scanning, and have found a solution. We are releasing a WinGate maintenance version this week with this fix and a couple of others.

I can send you an engine earlier to verify that this fix works if you wish. Just let me know

Adrien
adrien
Qbik Staff

Return to Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate