Switch to full style
Forum for support for the Kaspersky AntiVirus for WinGate plugin
Post a reply

Invalid License

Jan 22 04 7:18 am

I have a Kaspersky Plug-in for which two licenses are appearing in the Advanced tab of the plug-in licensing window. The first entry is the 30-day trial which has now expired. The second entry is the .KEY file license that I purchased separately for my client. It is a 50-user license that was effective December of 2003.

The licensee information on the main licensing window shows the trial license with the status of "Error Invalid License".

I have tried to manually type the Licensee's name and Key information from the .KEY valid but it is always rejected with "No License Handler for Key Type" message.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the plug-in did not help. It always reverts back to the trial license while continuing to show the user's license on the advanced tab.

What do I need to do? This is most incredibly confusing.

Mike M

Jan 22 04 12:37 pm

You are right, it is very confusing, which is one of the main reasons why with the release of Kaspersky AV for WinGate v 1.2, we changed the licnesing scheme to not issue Kaspersky Labs-generated .KEY files.

What you need to do, is run the latest version of Kaspersky AV, remove any of the key files that were there previously, and only use the one that ships with the latest Kaspersky AV for WinGate.

I will send you separately your license details for this, that we generated. Unfortunately there were a few people that purchased before we changed the licensing scheme - your keys have been generated, but if your dealer did not ship them to you, then we can do that.

Adrien

Jan 22 04 5:54 pm

Adrien:

Yes, please send the new licensing information. I am the dealer for this customer and I never received a different key file for them other than the one I bought for them for the original Kaspersky plug-in. I'll e-mail the old license file to you.

adrien wrote:You are right, it is very confusing, which is one of the main reasons why with the release of Kaspersky AV for WinGate v 1.2, we changed the licnesing scheme to not issue Kaspersky Labs-generated .KEY files.

What you need to do, is run the latest version of Kaspersky AV, remove any of the key files that were there previously, and only use the one that ships with the latest Kaspersky AV for WinGate.

I will send you separately your license details for this, that we generated. Unfortunately there were a few people that purchased before we changed the licensing scheme - your keys have been generated, but if your dealer did not ship them to you, then we can do that.

Adrien
Post a reply