Switch to full style
Forum for support for the PureSight for WinGate content filtering plugin
Post a reply

How to restrict all mail sites except one

Mar 17 04 10:10 pm

Hi

I want to restrict all mail sites like hotmail, yahoo, etc. except webmail.cyber.net.pk.

I have set *mail* filter in the WWW Proxy Server 's Ban List. it stopped all the mail sites, but i am unable to allow only one mail site (i.e webmail.cyber.net.pk). I installed PureSite this morning and find its usefull but its working only if i give the allow/ban site specifically, unlike the Ban List tab in www proxy server. I cant put all the webmail sites one by one in ban list and leaving only one available for me §:)

Please help me with this problem.

Regards
Hassan Agha

Mar 17 04 11:42 pm

Puresight works similar to the WWW Proxy ban list. If you put "mail" without the "" or * it acts in the same way as *mail* would in the WWW proxy's ban list.

ANY URL containing the word "mail" will then be blocked.

Mar 18 04 12:18 am

Pascal wrote:Puresight works similar to the WWW Proxy ban list. If you put "mail" without the "" or * it acts in the same way as *mail* would in the WWW proxy's ban list.

ANY URL containing the word "mail" will then be blocked.

Dear Pascal

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have tried with the setiings you have asked me to do, but it also blocks the mail site i want the clients to use i.e webmail.cyber.net.pk/ as the word "mail" also come in it (https://webmail.cyber.net.pk/cgi-bin/cwmail.cgi" it blocks it too even when i am allowing it in the Puresite, It displays the error mesage 403 Forbiden access.
Please tell me what to do to resolve this problem.

Thank you.
Hassan Agha

Mar 18 04 12:25 am

Two things.

1. Make sure that sites you definately want to allow (That contain mail too) have a slightly longer description in the allow list in PureSight. This then overrides a ban list entry. (So add webmail.cyber.net in the allow list)

2. Make sure that your ban list in WinGate has been cleared ...

Mar 18 04 12:47 am

Pascal wrote:Two things.

1. Make sure that sites you definately want to allow (That contain mail too) have a slightly longer description in the allow list in PureSight. This then overrides a ban list entry. (So add webmail.cyber.net in the allow list)

2. Make sure that your ban list in WinGate has been cleared ...

okey i have cleared the banlist in the Wingate and i have added "mail" in the puresite and added *webmail.cyber.net.pk/cgi-bin/cwmail.cgi* in the allow list., now the site webmail.cyber.net.pk is opening and alo everyother mail site, this time blocking is not taking place.
[/img]
Post a reply