Puresight does not appear filtering on www proxy port 80

Forum for support for the PureSight for WinGate content filtering plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Puresight does not appear filtering on www proxy port 80

Postby dsantachiara » Mar 25 04 8:42 pm

Dear Sirs,

We are using Wingate since many year (on W98 dedicated server only for internet). I have tried installing Puresight (trial) on Wingate 5.2.2 in order to evaluate a possible purchase.

Puresight works (i.e. filters) accessing the internet with ENS (so no proxy configured on the client computers) but if the client is configured to access the www via proxy (wingate proxy server on port 80) Puresight seems not working. Please note that in the plugins tag of "www proxy service" Puresight is checked and in the Puresight plugin options all the users have been enabled for the service.

During installation when asked for transparent redirection I have left all the box checked (and it is checked in www proxy service 80 - I've tried also unchecking it but nothing changed).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your kind support

Davide Santachiara
DTM srl
Italy
dsantachiara

Postby Pascal » Mar 26 04 1:14 am

For PureSight to work, you must have traffic going through the WWW Proxy.

In this case, you should have Transparent Redirection on (Session tab, make sure that "Redirect ENS/WGIC Sessions" are checked).

In the plugin itself, you must also have all the users added (At least, the ones you want to filter for)

To make sure it's working, lower your filtering criteria to a very low percentage OR add a simple entry to PureSights ban list.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby dsantachiara » Mar 27 04 1:47 am

Hello Pascal,

All the settings were OK but the problem disappeared after some additional tests as you suggested (I banned a site and then lowered the %).

Probably the problem was due to the "test www site" that was very close to the threshold beween a banned site or not (it was playboy.com and pureisight rates it at 53% while the default threshold is 60%). Funny as I'm pretty sure it was filtered via ENS and not filtered via proxy.

Thank you

Davide
dsantachiara

Postby dsantachiara » Mar 27 04 3:08 am

Dear Pascal,

I would have another question: is it not possible to ban sites with certain words in the HTML meta content (e.g. fetish)?

Is there any plan to support foreign languages (e.g. italian)?

I'm not sure but I remember that Wingate v4 Gatefilter allowed to manually define forbidden words contained in the meta content of the html site or directly in the text of the web site.

Thank you

Davide

Pascal wrote:For PureSight to work, you must have traffic going through the WWW Proxy.

In this case, you should have Transparent Redirection on (Session tab, make sure that "Redirect ENS/WGIC Sessions" are checked).

In the plugin itself, you must also have all the users added (At least, the ones you want to filter for)

To make sure it's working, lower your filtering criteria to a very low percentage OR add a simple entry to PureSights ban list.
dsantachiara

Postby Pascal » Mar 27 04 12:16 pm

Hi,

Not in the content, unfortunately. Only for the URL. GateFilter functioned the same as PureSight, so maybe you are thinking of Interquick ?
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby dsantachiara » Mar 28 04 12:27 pm

You are right, it was interquick and not gatefilter.

Maybe if you have a wish list why not add this feature?

Best Regards

Davide Santachiara

Pascal wrote:Hi,

Not in the content, unfortunately. Only for the URL. GateFilter functioned the same as PureSight, so maybe you are thinking of Interquick ?
dsantachiara

Return to PureSight for WinGate