Long List

Forum for support for the PureSight for WinGate content filtering plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Long List

Postby redfox » Jun 05 04 3:29 pm

hi

I have along list of sites I like to add it in the ban list. how I Can add the all list in one time?
redfox

Postby Pascal » Jun 28 04 5:12 pm

In the current version there is no way to do this. We do have a newer version that will allow you to import a file for either the allow or ban lists, but until all the issues with it has been sorted out, we can't release that one.

One way would be to create a registry import file of all the words you have. This is a slightly complicated procedure, but I'll give it to you in basic principles. However, if you are not comfortable working with search and replace and the registry, do not do this. All the usual warnings about editing the registry apply to this.

============================================

The entries for the allow list have the format of:

Allow_1 REG_SZ "value1"
Allow_2 REG_SZ "value2"
Allow_x REG_SZ "valuex"

where x is the maximum number of entries. For the ban list, it is:

Ban_1 REG_SZ "value1"
etc.

So, what you do is you create one allow list entry in PureSight to see what it looks like. Then you export the applicable section of the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Qbik Software\WinGate\Data Scanning Plugins\Installed\PureSight for WinGate\Allow List]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Qbik Software\WinGate\Data Scanning Plugins\Installed\PureSight for WinGate\Ban List]

Using search and replace in a text file, you can then create a similar structure to the exported registry file. E.g. if my list contains:

bob
playboy
fastcars

I'd change that to be

[pre]1[mid]bob[post]
[pre]2[mid]playboy[post]
[pre]3[mid]fastcars[post]

Then, I'd search for [pre] and replace it with

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Qbik Software\WinGate\Data Scanning Plugins\Installed\PureSight for WinGate\Allow List]
"Allow_

Then, I'd search for [mid] and replace it with

"="

Then, finish it by searching for [post] and replace it with

"

You should then have a file that says:

"Allow_1"="bob"
"Allow_2"="playboy"
"Allow_3"="fastcars"

You can double click that to add it to the registry (And use it at multiple installations)
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Return to PureSight for WinGate