Upgraded to Wingate 6 and Pursight license expired - Help!

Forum for support for the PureSight for WinGate content filtering plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Upgraded to Wingate 6 and Pursight license expired - Help!

Postby batwater » Aug 03 04 4:44 pm

Help!

I upgraded to Wingate 6 Pro from 5.x Pro. The same day I upgraded to v6 my Puresight license expired. (The license expiration was correct and expected) I purchased a renewal to puresight but now I can't reactivate.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling puresight, the plugin now won't show up at all. I used the license activation screen and cut and paste the license key provided in email. The license manager contacts your server and confirms that the license key has been activated but nothing further occurs. I am running on a W2K server.

Thanks!

Ben
batwater

Additional Information

Postby batwater » Aug 03 04 4:50 pm

Gatekeeper is displaying the following...

Object: PureSight for WinGate
Time: 02-Aug-2004 22:52:29
Message ID: 0000
Description: PureSight for WinGate must be upgraded for all functionality to be available in WinGate
batwater

Postby Pascal » Aug 03 04 4:54 pm

We are expecting a maintenance release to 6.0 of WinGate. There was a problem with it recognising certain keys - which has since been resolved.

You should be able to ignore that message however, the plugin should still function normally.

PureSight keys are not activatable at the moment - they will just silently pass through the key activation systems. You will need to enter the key in the Puresight installer for now, unless you have it installed in WinGate already.

The next major release of PureSight will include activation.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Puresight issue

Postby batwater » Aug 04 04 12:06 am

I tried entering the license key in the installer for pursight, no luck, the plugin does not display in the plugin list from within gatekeeper.

Thanks

Ben
batwater

Postby Pascal » Aug 04 04 12:09 am

[url]expecting a maintenance release to 6.0 of WinGate.[/url]

You need the maintenance release. I suspect it will be out within the next day or so.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby batwater » Aug 10 04 4:08 am

Gentlemen, can you provide an ETA as to when your licensing issue with PureSight will be resolved?

I purchased a PureSight renewal that is unusable with version 6. Once this license issue is resolved I would like to kindly request an extension to my license for the time that period.

Thank You

Ben
batwater

Postby Pascal » Aug 11 04 3:50 pm

It's out now - we released it last night. You're looking for build 993. Contact our support team directly regarding your license issue.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Return to PureSight for WinGate