Puresight error

Forum for support for the PureSight for WinGate content filtering plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Puresight error

Postby kineticedu » Sep 01 04 4:17 am

Hi

There is undoubtably a simple answer to this but I need this working tonight!!

Installed latest version in Wingate + Puresight and I get an error stating that Puresight needs to be upgraded for all functionality to be avail within Wingate.

The install seems to have gone OK.

Apologies if I have overlooked a previous posting concerning this.

Thanks in advance

Martin
kineticedu

Postby kineticedu » Sep 01 04 6:21 am

I have seen something similar in another posting. Just to add we are using wingate build 995 [downloaded today]

Martin
kineticedu

Postby Pascal » Sep 01 04 11:16 am

Re-enter your PureSight license in the activation client. That is generally the easiest fix.

With the new licensing scheme, WinGate will search all the locations it knows a PureSight license to be in. If it is unable to find OR decode a license, it will display that message.

Can you make a list of the steps you went through when installing, please, and either post them here or email them to the address listed in my profile. That might help track this down.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby kineticedu » Sep 01 04 12:18 pm

Hi

1. Installed Wingate - no problems. Activated OK

2. Installed Puresight from the downloaded file. Input the license number when it requested it be entered and continued with the installation.

Wingate loaded OK and as soon as it came up there was an alert message that the Puresight had a problem with the license, it also did not show up in the plug in.

3. Also checked the license info after the intall and both the Wingate and Puresight license keys were seen.

Cheers

Martin
kineticedu

Postby Pascal » Sep 01 04 12:21 pm

Hi Martin,

Thank you for that information. I'll have a look at that scenario here. In the meantime, did entering the license through the activation system help at all?
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby kineticedu » Sep 01 04 12:43 pm

Hi

I knocked it on the head at 00:00 here [UK]

I will try it first thing in the morning I will post as soon as I know.

Cheers

Martin
kineticedu

Postby kineticedu » Sep 04 04 10:18 am

Hi

Re installed and took it second time around. Now it shows up in the plugin option.

Thanks

Martin
kineticedu

Postby archy » Oct 01 05 9:17 pm

kineticedu wrote:Hi

1. Installed Wingate - no problems. Activated OK

2. Installed Puresight from the downloaded file. Input the license number when it requested it be entered and continued with the installation.

Wingate loaded OK and as soon as it came up there was an alert message that the Puresight had a problem with the license, it also did not show up in the plug in.

3. Also checked the license info after the intall and both the Wingate and Puresight license keys were seen.

Cheers

Martin

Hello
I do have the same issue as quoted above as I was installing puresight with valid license.Please help me with a solution.
Wilfred
archy

Postby Pascal » Oct 02 05 3:23 pm

Does re-entering the license through the Activation Client help? That is the new license management system.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Return to PureSight for WinGate