Quarantined Email

Forum for support for the PureSight for WinGate content filtering plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Quarantined Email

Postby sruss » Oct 01 04 2:33 am

I am running Wingate 5.2.3 with the Puresight Plugin but I am not running the email server. All email is still being retrieved from ISP. I tried out redirecting ENS traffic on Pop3 Proxy and Puresight wrongly blocked several emails. I don't understand how to release them and get them back to the respective users. Is this possible or do I have to be running the internal mail server?

Thanks.
sruss

Postby Pascal » Oct 01 04 10:28 am

The messages should be living as files in your Quarantine folder. You can match the filenames by checking the name shown in the Quarantine view. Then, you can either manually send those files to the users.

(I believe 5.2.3 has a right-click, release on the Quarantine screen as well; but think you need to be running WinGate's mail delivery for it to work).
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby sruss » Oct 02 04 2:38 am

Yes, that's what I thought. I found from other posts that if I rename the files with .eml extensions I can drag them into Outlook Express and at least look at them. But we use Outlook for email client.

Oh, well, its a moot point now anyway. I had to turn off the email content filtering because it was taking totally innocent emails and putting them in quarantine. I only had it on for 3 days and I had 13 upset users who were missing legitimate email.

Thanks
sruss

Return to PureSight for WinGate