Ban List Syntax

Forum for support for the PureSight for WinGate content filtering plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Ban List Syntax

Postby mcb » May 07 05 10:29 am

I have noticed that people have been getting around my additions to the ban list. So, i need to make sure i understand the syntax right. Let's take an example that i found today. Someone was on sexyclube.uol.com.br i then proceeded to add it to the ban list as written here. But they were still able to access things further in the site like jpegs and the like. Ex. www.sexyclube.uol.com.br/blah/blah.jpg.

So it seems if it ban the parent sight, they are still able to access parts of the site to view content.

Thanks for you help,

Also, i suppose the best thing to do would be to talk to them, embarass the hell out of them and tell them i can see everything they do. But i can't keep my eye on it all the time.
mcb

Postby MattP » May 19 05 1:13 pm

Hi,

What if you add sexyclube to the ban list. Then any url containing sexyclube will be blocked. This should stop any access to sub-pages of the site.
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby mcb » May 20 05 1:38 am

Hey Matt,

Thanks for your reply. So in essence, it is best just to enter the key word or phrase in the URL instead of messing with the .com/etc?

Thanks again,

MattB
mcb

Postby MattP » May 23 05 12:37 pm

Hey Matt,

Yes, I'd say that would be best. If you block the main domain name then all pages hosted on that domain will also be blocked. If you just block the single page then all other pages on that domain will be allowed.

Matt
MattP
Qbik Staff

Return to PureSight for WinGate