Forum for support for the PureSight for WinGate content filtering plugin
Jun 29 11 10:16 pm
Have on unusual problem.
After I have migrated Wingate (with KAV and PS) from XP to W2k3 server with settings export-import (settings import were done after installing all PlugIns and deleting HKLM\Software\Qbic Software\Wingate hive) I mention one issue: PS settings were not saved.
Well, I started to make all necessary settings and found out Wingate service is totally freezing when I change PS settings! It is not possible to restart Wingate service (it stays in the restarting state for a long time), only PC full restart helps, but after restart all done settings to PS are lost.
After some investigation I found out that there is one setting which makes Wingate crazy - PS autoupdate activation! All other settings were successfully changed and applied, but I could not activate autoupdates. Tried at least 10 times with the same result - Wingate service freezing, users can not connect to internet (Proxy is not answering), PC restart solves th problem.
Ok, I decided to find a workaround. I found the setting key in the registry ("Use Static List Updates") and changed its value to 1.
After PC restart I found the updates checkbox is checked now and Wingate is working fine. But 2 days after I see PS is not updating its database (the statlistdb file has modification date: 3.20.2009).
So need help to make PS to update its database.
P.S. Not sure if it is important, but just in case: on the old system I was using PS 2, and later it was updated to PS3. Settings were imported from the old system, but on the new one I installed PS 3 at once.
Jun 30 11 10:36 pm
thanks for the report on the crash and narrowing down the problem. I'll have it looked at.
with respect to the static list updates, since these are used as an exception list for when the auto content recognition has issues automatically classifying content, these are less frequent than for instance an AV update. So I believe it can be a week or so before you might see a change to the stlist.db file.
Jul 02 11 3:16 am
adrien wrote:So I believe it can be a week or so before you might see a change to the stlist.db file.
But the db date is 2009 and update time period is 1440 min (1 day). I believe it should update after the first day of update activation.
I just remember I had the same problem previously and reported to you (http://forum.wingate.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39972&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
), the reason of the problem is that PS can not update via proxy service
, and I did not provide Wingate machine WAN adapter TCP\IP settings with ISP DNS address (because some DNS requests could make Wingate to generate thousands of DNS requests and become "selfDOSed". That is also reported in the above mentioned post).
Just have added required record to hosts file. Will see tomorrow the result.
Jul 03 11 12:45 am
Adrien, do not forget to add proxy support to PS, as you did for KAV.
Jul 08 11 4:55 pm
looks like from the SDK the PureSight updater doesn't support working through a proxy. I'll need to ask them to extend their SDK for that.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
phpBB Mobile / SEO by Artodia.