Oversight - Shopping filter??

Forum for support for the PureSight for WinGate content filtering plugin

Moderator: Qbik Staff

Oversight - Shopping filter??

Postby corcoran » Nov 24 05 9:58 pm

guys.
i was preening the new capabilities of puresight 2 this morning and being grieved that i couldn't get onto bbc news, or hotmail -- but this seems fair.

i was surprised, however, that the person sitting next to me could surf on amazon.com -- so i thought, 'hmmm, why isn't it blocking amazon, surely that's shopping?'.

so i checked the filters list - but there's no "shopping channel" (no, not like QVC).

can we get one put in please?
running Wingate 6.1 installed 09 November 05, running on windows 2003 server. Joy of Joys.
corcoran

Postby MattP » Nov 25 05 10:34 am

I'll pass that on to Pascal, but in the meantime you can add URLs to the administratively blocked category if you want.
MattP
Qbik Staff

Postby corcoran » Nov 25 05 11:13 pm

yes i COULD start putting shopping sites on partial-admin but hey, there's a lot :P

perhaps you guys could put a shopping filter on sooner, rather than later - ezpecially with christmas'a'comin'!!
running Wingate 6.1 installed 09 November 05, running on windows 2003 server. Joy of Joys.
corcoran

Postby Pascal » Nov 28 05 10:54 am

The categories and lists are managed by PureSight Inc. We are expecting a new SDK from them soon, so will see if that adds a shopping category.
Pascal

Qbik New Zealand
pascalv@qbik.com
http://www.qbik.com
Pascal
Qbik Staff

Postby corcoran » Nov 28 05 11:59 am

pascal. great. cheers chap.
corcoran

Return to PureSight for WinGate